Quilt With Us

The majority of those voicing their opinion about next year's birthday swap have decided we should make any house or any building block pattern... with the stipulation that your completed block should measure 12 1/2" (12" finished block when sewn into a quilt).  It has been suggested we do NOT sash the block, but rather leave it up to the recipient to decide whether to add sashing or sew them together as a 'mock village' !  :)

We are going to keep it simple by only offering only two color ways.  Either subdued (navy, green, burgundy, brown, plum, black, deep gold, etc.) or bright (lime green, hot pink, lemon, turquoise, tangerine, etc).  It will be fun to see how different and unique everyones' houses will be!  Just be creative and have FUN with this block exchange!  :)   

If you are needing some ideas for houses or buildings, you can check out my Pintrest site to get your creativity juices flowing:  http://www.pinterest.com/marciaburt/quilting-houses/

So....if you would like to join in on the fun for next year's birthday swap, please tell me the DATE of your birthday and your COLOR WAY choice!

BIRTHDAYS & COLOR WAYS:

January 9- Marcia (bright)

March 19- Marybeth (bright)

June 6- Pat A. (realistic looking house/building with blue sky)

July 1- Tressa (subdued) *Please note this is Tressa's HALF-BIRTHDAY!*

July 16- Joyce S (subdued) *Please note this is Joyce's HALF-BIRTHDAY!*

July 11- Lynne (subdued) *Please note this is Lynne's HALF-BIRTHDAY!*

August 8- Jan (bright)

August 24- Carol V. (subdued) 

September 19- Janice...Tressa's Mom (bright)

September 21- Teresa Martinek (bright)

October 10- Diane (subdued)

October 23- Jackie O (realistic looking house/building with blue sky)

November 7- Nancy H (realistic looking house/building with blue sky)

Views: 2057

Replies to This Discussion

So far, those who have said "YES" to participating in this swap are: Pat A, Diane, Nancy H, Tressa J, Janice (Tressa's mom), Lynne, Jackie O, Marybeth, Teresa M. and myself.  But it is certainly OPEN to anyone who would like to join us!  I have posted December 21st as the cut-off date to sign up for this swap. 

Hope all of you give this swap some serious consideration... and then decide to say "YES" to this fun idea!  The more...the merrier!  :)

Okay- I will kick it off by saying my birthday is January 9th and I would like to have BRIGHT fabrics in my block!  

December 11  subdued

A whole year to wait again  (where's the sad face icon?)

Me too, but we can be already for our blocks to come.

I'm in -- August 24   Subdued colors, please.

Subdued. October 10

March 19

Bright

Janice's (Mom) Birthday   Sept 19   Bright

Tressa    Dec. 1  and subdued.

June 6-realistic colors not necessarily subdued-a yellow house would be fine,just no neon colors..blue sky (any shade of blue)

I think this will be a great idea for 2015.  I was admiring the ones on Pinterest!!!

August 8 - Brights

This sounds like so much fun, but I think I need to sit this year out and plan to be all settled for the next one.

I'll go with Pat....realistically colored.

October 23

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service