Quilt With Us

ITEMS TO BRING TO THE RETREAT:

*A salad for Thursday's noon luncheon at Diane's home

*Your beverage of choice (water, tea, pop, wine....whatever your preference) for the duration of the retreat

*Snack to set out on the community snack table to be shared with everyone (cookies, chocolate, bars, fresh fruit, chocolate, licorice, candy, nuts, mints, chocolate, trail mix....you get the idea!)  Quilters are partial to chocolate!!!  :)

*Couch throw made from three yards of fabric you got from Marcia at the 2016 retreat.  The pattern we used is called "Lover's Lane" and is our "UN-CHALLENGE" project for this year's retreat!  :)

* Two- three children's pillowcases to donate to our "Betty Cases" charity project.  The school nurse gives needy elementary children these pillowcases at Christmas time with necessary items (socks, mittens, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc) tucked inside the pillowcases.    

*Three FQs in gray prints for our LCR game!  You may bring one light gray print, one medium gray print, and one dark gray print OR you may bring two light and one dark OR two medium and one dark.  However you mix the shades is fine....as long as you bring along three gray prints!

*Please bring three quilt related items in a RECYCLED GIFT BAG for our swap.  The three items to tuck inside the "MYSTERY BAG" are:  1)  a quilt book or pattern you no longer want;  2) a quilt tool (e.g.- a seam ripper, tape measure, scissors, a duplicate of a tool you already have or maybe even a special ruler you had to have but don't use; 3) TWO yards of fabric you are no longer in love with or you wish to donate!  The two yards can consist of 8 FQs, four 1/2 yards cuts, whatever....as long as it equals TWO yards of fabric!  (And NO...the fabrics do not have to be coordinating if you have more than one fabric!)   Place these three things into a recycled gift bag for our swap activity!  After we are done playing the game and you received something in the bag you don't think you'll use - we can swap with one another after the game!

*Any additional sewing related items (not tucked inside the "Mystery Bag") can be added to our annual GARAGE SALE!  Here's a great opportunity to clean out those no-longer-needed items in your sewing room and have them adopted by your fellow quilters!  Feel free to bring other craft items such as yarn, beads, felt, buttons, etc. -since everything seems to find a home at these garage sales!  Even novels, audio books, and cookbooks can be added to the garage sale since we have a lot of avid readers in our group!

*Two or three quilt projects you have completed and would like to share during our "SHOW & TELL"

*Remember your quilting buddy:  your friendly stuffed GORILLA!

THIS AND THAT:

*I will bring two sets of bed risers to place under the legs of two long tables to make them a comfortable height for cutting tables.

*The hotel will supply the irons and ironing boards. (These are from the rooms but the staff will have them in the conference room for us to use during the retreat.)  You may wish to bring your own personal mini-iron and small ironing pad so you can do this task in your work space.

*Bring your own rotary cutter, scissors, and rulers.  You may decide to bring a small cutting mat, but it's silly for all of us to bring large cutting mats.  Diane L, Karen H, and I will each bring a LARGE cutting mat to share with others.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

THURSDAY at 7 PM- "Show & Tell" of quilts brought from home and sharing of the pillowcases made for our "Betty-Case" charity project.

FRIDAY at 7 PM- LCR game (using 3 FQs of gray prints) and the "Mystery Bag" exchange

SATURDAY at 9:30 AM- Garage Sale

at 1:30 PM- "UN-Challenge" quilts shared and next year's challenge revealed!  :)

Views: 778

Replies to This Discussion

I chose those pins also Karen and used them Sunday for a project i had started here at home.  I have my panel on the wall of my sewing room trying to get inspiration.  Thank you all for the amazing retreat, look forward to next year also!

Proud Grandma here: Lauren got first place in the Iowa State Fair style show yesterday which includes a $50 scholarship to Iowa States design program! You'll all be able to say "you knew her when", she modeled her prom dress that she designed and made.

Awesome!!  Congratulations!!

Wow Karen, that girl is amazing! Tell her we are all very proud of her.

Congratulations Lauren!  You are a gifted seamstress.  I missed the show and tell night, but the things you made at retreat were great.

Congrats Lauren: don't forget us little people when you make it big.  Very talented young lady and your dress was beautiful!

WTG, Lauren!  I'm sure it was the bead work that won the judges over!!  Such a beautiful and GRAND dress!   Congratulations!

And I had to smile at Lauren on Sunday as she was humbly fixing a hole in the pocket of her dad's pants!  :)  It happens all the time to us quilters:  doing some other sewing repair work (such as hemming pants, repairing a zipper, etc) instead of actually quilting!  And that is what always happens to an 'already busy' quilter:  her free time for quilting gets robbed!!!

Congratulations

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service