Quilt With Us

The dates for this year's retreat are Thursday, August 2nd through Sunday, August 5th.  I have ten hotel rooms blocked off for these three nights (THURS/FRI/SAT) for the IQers.  Two of these rooms have a single KING bed (Deb?/Jan?) and the remaining eight rooms have two QUEEN beds.  The rate went up two dollars ($91.99) - but still a bargain considering what they usually charge for the rooms.  The conference room is reserved for us those three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and we are even allowed to sew on Sunday (at no charge) since we are never sure how long the last quilter(s) will be staying on Sunday!

This year's charity project is 'PANEL PALOOZA'!!!  Please make a lap robe (larger than 36"x36") or a couch throw sized quilt using the panel you received at the 2017 retreat!  (Remember- it was the panel you received via a grab-bag selection process!)  Any size will be acceptable!  Even a twin sized quilt is quite acceptable!  Just have fun adding blocks and borders to the panel you picked!  It will be exciting to see the variety of quilt blocks & techniques used in the completed panel projects!  I imagine we'll see a lot of creativity going into these charity projects!  Can't wait!

Just a reminder:  the three FQs for this year's LCR game are to be BRIGHT DOTS!  Polka dots or any sized dots!  We're flexible----as long as the fabric is BRIGHT!

Fellow retreaters:  remember to reserve your room!  (515-733-6363)

ATTENDEES (staying overnight at the motel):

Marcia / Judy (Marcia's friend that attended last year)

Rhonda / her sister JoAnn

Sandy O / MaryBeth (wedding to attend on Saturday)

Deb S / her sister Kelli

Tressa / her mom Janice

Jan

Linda Northwick & Darce (Fri and then leaving 11 AM on Sat.) 

Joyce / Nancy / Jackie O (staying Thurs. & Fri.-leaving on Sat.)

DAY TRIPPERS:

Lynne

Diane

Teresa Husman (Diane's friend)

Karen & Lauren (Diane's neighbor & granddaughter)

Jacque Johnson

Linda (Jan's friend from Webster City)

***Presently 23 attendees*** 

Views: 746

Replies to This Discussion

Just made my reservation if anyone needs a roommate just let me know.

I will make my reservation today.  Will mark the calendar accordingly.  Thanks for looking out for us Marcia.

I'm making my reservation on Monday for Lynne and me to be roomies.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that her schedule will not stand in the way of things next year.

Reservation made AND I found adorable bright dots online at Brooklyn Fabric Company so that task is completed too!  OK...don't anyone else go on there and get the same dots LOL!!  Lisa from BFC is a "member" of IQ but never posted except to promote her shop.  I mentioned this to her one time (it sort of annoyed me to be truthful) and she hasn't done it since.  She's a nice gal, a good quilter and would be a great active member of IQ but I guess she's too busy.  Whenever I get to Brooklyn (it's near Grinnell where my sister lives) I stop in there to see what's on sale.  If you haven't checked out her website, take a look.  Nothing over $8 a yard; lots at $6 and her weekly "stash buster" is a good deal.  This week it's 12 half-yard cuts of solid brights for $36 and free postage.   You can subscribe to the stash buster and it comes into your inbox every Monday. She also has a newsletter.  OK...now you think I work for her LOL

My reservations are made for me and my sis for 2018.

I plan to come again, Marcia!  I sew enjoyed being your roomie last year, but I know you had someone else with you this year.  Will they be coming again?  Or do you need a roommate?

YES!  You may certainly be my roommate again.  If the numbers work for my friend Judy to attend the retreat again, she has no problem with the three of us being roomies!  (And it's cheaper....so more money for fabric, right?!!)

So- no worries, Jackie!  You have a room....and a roommate(s)!  :)

My reservation is made.  I plan on attending Thursday, Friday and most of Saturday.  :-)

Good Morning everyone.  I have been following the posts and it looks like we are going to have a good turn out this year.

I am getting really excited for retreat.  But I want to put out there that I know my sister Kelli isn't a regular.  So if things get tight, we can always sew in our room.

Also, Jacque Johnson wanted me to make sure to get her on the list for retreat also.  She is even working with part of my panel for the challenge quilt.

Marcia, what is the count up to this point for the Retreat?  

Sandy,  

Marcia probably doesn't have a count, but I have

Me and Kelly
Jackie  O
Rhonda and Sister
Joyce
Nancy
Tressa & her mom
Diane
Jan
Lynne
Linda
Jacque J

Subject to change of course :-)

You don't have me on there, Girlfriend!  Rooming with Lynne.  I count 15 confirmed; max is 20, correct?  Just a heads up that time is moving fast.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service