Quilt With Us

The dates for this year's retreat are Thursday, August 2nd through Sunday, August 5th.  I have ten hotel rooms blocked off for these three nights (THURS/FRI/SAT) for the IQers.  Two of these rooms have a single KING bed (Deb?/Jan?) and the remaining eight rooms have two QUEEN beds.  The rate went up two dollars ($91.99) - but still a bargain considering what they usually charge for the rooms.  The conference room is reserved for us those three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and we are even allowed to sew on Sunday (at no charge) since we are never sure how long the last quilter(s) will be staying on Sunday!

This year's charity project is 'PANEL PALOOZA'!!!  Please make a lap robe (larger than 36"x36") or a couch throw sized quilt using the panel you received at the 2017 retreat!  (Remember- it was the panel you received via a grab-bag selection process!)  Any size will be acceptable!  Even a twin sized quilt is quite acceptable!  Just have fun adding blocks and borders to the panel you picked!  It will be exciting to see the variety of quilt blocks & techniques used in the completed panel projects!  I imagine we'll see a lot of creativity going into these charity projects!  Can't wait!

Just a reminder:  the three FQs for this year's LCR game are to be BRIGHT DOTS!  Polka dots or any sized dots!  We're flexible----as long as the fabric is BRIGHT!

Fellow retreaters:  remember to reserve your room!  (515-733-6363)

ATTENDEES (staying overnight at the motel):

Marcia / Judy (Marcia's friend that attended last year)

Rhonda / her sister JoAnn

Sandy O / MaryBeth (wedding to attend on Saturday)

Deb S / her sister Kelli

Tressa / her mom Janice

Jan

Linda Northwick & Darce (Fri and then leaving 11 AM on Sat.) 

Joyce / Nancy / Jackie O (staying Thurs. & Fri.-leaving on Sat.)

DAY TRIPPERS:

Lynne

Diane

Teresa Husman (Diane's friend)

Karen & Lauren (Diane's neighbor & granddaughter)

Jacque Johnson

Linda (Jan's friend from Webster City)

***Presently 23 attendees*** 

Views: 747

Replies to This Discussion

I think that makes 19...room for a couple more! Who hasn't been there for a while? Glad you are doing the sandwiches again, Diane.  They were delicious.  

Does anyone else have their rooms booked for Thursday night too? We talked about expanding the fun but I don't want to be the only one in there early.  Also, Diane said Roy is gone...boo, hoo!  Who is the manager now, Diane, and is he/she as accommodating as Roy?  I don't think we want to pay for the whole room for Thursday if there aren't enough of us to split up that $125 cost.  Marcia is occupied elsewhere so does anyone else know what the plan might be?

Kelli and I are planning on being there Thur - Saturday afternoon.  (Subject to change if my house should sell and I happen to be moving....which is not likely)

there were plenty of people there on Thursday last year so I don't think we need to worry about it this year,,at least not yet!

Do we have the conference/sewing room reserved for Thursday too?

Teresa husman is going to try to make it again too,,,at least for the 1st few days

Yep, Sandy- the conference room was booked for all three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) before I even left last year's retreat.  (See original post initiating this discussion!) There's no way to split the conference room...it's all or none!  But I really don't think we need to worry about not enough joining us on Thursday.  There seems to be quite a few of you joining us this year!  WooHoo!!!  We may have 2-3 over our goal of twenty participants--but that just means more socializing and more fun!  

Please check the original post that started this discussion.  I have included an attendee list.  Please let me know if I have overlooked anyone.  Also- not sure if Joyce, Nancy, and Jacque will be staying overnight at the motel or attending as 'day trippers'.  We are presently up to 21 attendees- which is quite manageable!  

I must have posted in a comment on the general board and not here - I'm coming!!!  I can't make Thurs, but I'll be there Fri - Sun!

WooHoo!!!!!  Love that you will be joining us this year!  :)  Can't wait!

Joyce and I will be arriving onThursday, staying overnight Thursday and Friday and going home on Saturday. 

If anyone needs a roommate. Let me know
Are you still looking for a roommate Linda?

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service