Quilt With Us

The dates for this year's retreat are Thursday, August 2nd through Sunday, August 5th.  I have ten hotel rooms blocked off for these three nights (THURS/FRI/SAT) for the IQers.  Two of these rooms have a single KING bed (Deb?/Jan?) and the remaining eight rooms have two QUEEN beds.  The rate went up two dollars ($91.99) - but still a bargain considering what they usually charge for the rooms.  The conference room is reserved for us those three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and we are even allowed to sew on Sunday (at no charge) since we are never sure how long the last quilter(s) will be staying on Sunday!

This year's charity project is 'PANEL PALOOZA'!!!  Please make a lap robe (larger than 36"x36") or a couch throw sized quilt using the panel you received at the 2017 retreat!  (Remember- it was the panel you received via a grab-bag selection process!)  Any size will be acceptable!  Even a twin sized quilt is quite acceptable!  Just have fun adding blocks and borders to the panel you picked!  It will be exciting to see the variety of quilt blocks & techniques used in the completed panel projects!  I imagine we'll see a lot of creativity going into these charity projects!  Can't wait!

Just a reminder:  the three FQs for this year's LCR game are to be BRIGHT DOTS!  Polka dots or any sized dots!  We're flexible----as long as the fabric is BRIGHT!

Fellow retreaters:  remember to reserve your room!  (515-733-6363)

ATTENDEES (staying overnight at the motel):

Marcia / Judy (Marcia's friend that attended last year)

Rhonda / her sister JoAnn

Sandy O / MaryBeth (wedding to attend on Saturday)

Deb S / her sister Kelli

Tressa / her mom Janice

Jan

Linda Northwick & Darce (Fri and then leaving 11 AM on Sat.) 

Joyce / Nancy / Jackie O (staying Thurs. & Fri.-leaving on Sat.)

DAY TRIPPERS:

Lynne

Diane

Teresa Husman (Diane's friend)

Karen & Lauren (Diane's neighbor & granddaughter)

Jacque Johnson

Linda (Jan's friend from Webster City)

***Presently 23 attendees*** 

Views: 746

Replies to This Discussion

The current plan is to be there during the day on Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  ETA depends on the sweetcorn orders!

I called yesterday to reserve my room - yeah, I should have done that weeks ago, but the only room they have left is a king suite that's a lot more $$ than I want to spend.  If anyone has room for me in their room, I'd sure appreciate it!

I don't know if you saw my post but I would be happy to share my room with you.

I’ll plan on that Linda.  Thanks

I'm planning on attending all three days and am hoping Lauren will be able to join us too. 

I will be there on Thursday and stay until the last dog leaves on Sunday!!!  This is my only retreat this year, so plan on enjoying every minute of it.  Linda will be there during the day each of the three days.  Sandy I think there will be plenty of us there on Thursday.  Sorry that Roy will not be there.  He is such a nice man, so helpful and accommodating.  Hopefully his replacement is as nice.

No one has ever answered the question I asked twice: who is the new manager and is he/she as easy to work with as Roy was?  Marcia or Diane...what's the scoop so we know what to expect?

I don't know how the new manager is,,,Missy is still at the front desk. That's who I usually see

Glad to know I won't be sitting in the conference room sewing alone on Thursday LOL!  Don't know what time I'll arrive but I'm hoping to get the car packed the night before so I won't be too later leaving home.

I know that Jacque Johnson does plan on being a Day Tripper.  She took part of my panel and made a quilt for our challenge.

What happened to Roy? I must have missed that...

Missy had been offered the manager position but declined.  I've met the new manager (a gal) but can't recall her name.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service