Quilt With Us

The dates for this year's retreat are Thursday, August 2nd through Sunday, August 5th.  I have ten hotel rooms blocked off for these three nights (THURS/FRI/SAT) for the IQers.  Two of these rooms have a single KING bed (Deb?/Jan?) and the remaining eight rooms have two QUEEN beds.  The rate went up two dollars ($91.99) - but still a bargain considering what they usually charge for the rooms.  The conference room is reserved for us those three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and we are even allowed to sew on Sunday (at no charge) since we are never sure how long the last quilter(s) will be staying on Sunday!

This year's charity project is 'PANEL PALOOZA'!!!  Please make a lap robe (larger than 36"x36") or a couch throw sized quilt using the panel you received at the 2017 retreat!  (Remember- it was the panel you received via a grab-bag selection process!)  Any size will be acceptable!  Even a twin sized quilt is quite acceptable!  Just have fun adding blocks and borders to the panel you picked!  It will be exciting to see the variety of quilt blocks & techniques used in the completed panel projects!  I imagine we'll see a lot of creativity going into these charity projects!  Can't wait!

Just a reminder:  the three FQs for this year's LCR game are to be BRIGHT DOTS!  Polka dots or any sized dots!  We're flexible----as long as the fabric is BRIGHT!

Fellow retreaters:  remember to reserve your room!  (515-733-6363)

ATTENDEES (staying overnight at the motel):

Marcia / Judy (Marcia's friend that attended last year)

Rhonda / her sister JoAnn

Sandy O / MaryBeth (wedding to attend on Saturday)

Deb S / her sister Kelli

Tressa / her mom Janice

Jan

Linda Northwick & Darce (Fri and then leaving 11 AM on Sat.) 

Joyce / Nancy / Jackie O (staying Thurs. & Fri.-leaving on Sat.)

DAY TRIPPERS:

Lynne

Diane

Teresa Husman (Diane's friend)

Karen & Lauren (Diane's neighbor & granddaughter)

Jacque Johnson

Linda (Jan's friend from Webster City)

***Presently 23 attendees*** 

Views: 745

Replies to This Discussion

other than the challenge quilt and the fq in bright dots,,is there anything else we need to bring for games?

Marcia, I will probably be leaving on Saturday, also...maybe in the afternoon, after getting some more sewing time in!!  I haven't even decided what project(s) to bring yet!

Well as life goes - I need to leave the retreat on Sat around 11, but at least I'll get about a day with you all.  One of my son's friends that he grew up with died by suicide this past weekend - his funeral is Sat afternoon and I feel like I need to be there.  My heart is just breaking for his mom and brothers.  

what time are quilters arriving at the Hotel?  How soon can we get into the conference room to start sewing?

We're missing Mary Grafe this year.  Has anyone heard from her or know if she's okay but just not interested in the Retreat?

Great minds think alike, Sandy- because I was wondering about Mary today too (as I was driving home from picking up my sewing machine after its spa treatment)!  I was concerned that we had not heard anything from her yet.  I did call the hotel to see if she had reserved a room- but no room had been reserved under her name.  It's a big mystery.  Has anyone heard anything from Mary recently or know what she's been up to lately????

Nancy- I called the hotel and asked when we could be in the conference room and the reply was anytime after 8 AM tomorrow.  This evening the night custodian is setting up 12 tables (six pairs of two tables shoved together- three pairs on each side of the room)- along with two cutting tables in the center, two tables at the front of the room, and two ironing boards.  I am 'assuming' the snack table will remain in the back.  As I've done in the past:  I will clear off the two center tables and the two front tables on Saturday morning for our garage sale.

Our rooms will not be available until after 1:00 PM tomorrow.  Availability of your room depends on which rooms the housekeeping staff gets cleaned first!

WooHoo!  Can't wait for this party to get started!!!!  :)

Thanks Marcia, I am so pumped to see everyone and get the party started!!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service