Quilt With Us

This year's block is an easy block to construct and can be made using four 2 1/2" strips of colored fabrics and one 2 1/2" strip of background fabric. (Hooray-  NO HSTs or Flying Geese!!  LOL)  This block is 8 1/2" square and will finish at 8" when sewn into a quilt.  Please make TWO blocks for each birthday girl.

To make this block you will need: four 2 1/2" squares of background fabric; one 2 1/2" square and one 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangle of each of the four different fabrics that make up the woven ribbons. Look at the block sample posted at the bottom of this discussion to help with the layout.

To help your fellow Birthday Swappers better select the appropriate fabrics I am going to ask you to pull out four fabric samples and a background sample from your stash.  Then take a picture of these fabrics and post this photo for all of us to see!  It really helps seeing actual samples!  Otherwise, we may have a different color in mind than the actual color the Birthday Gal has in her mind!  (What may be 'turquoise' to some might be 'teal' to others!) 

February 9th- Marcia: white polka dots on bright colors for 'ribbons' and solid white for background   (My birthday is actually January 9th but for the convenience of this swap I'm going to pretend it is February 9th!!)

March 19th- MaryBeth: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and solid white or white on white for background

August 8th- Jan W : Light pink, Dark Pink, Light Gray, Dark Gray for the 'ribbons' and white on white for background

September 19th- Janice H: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and white on white for background

October 23rd- Jackie O: Patriotic fabrics for 'ribbons' and solid white or white on white for background

November 7th- Nancy H: Gray, Yellow, Aqua/Teal, and Tangerine for 'ribbons' and solid white for background

December 1st- Tressa J: Bright fabrics (solids or small prints) for 'ribbons' and solid black for background

December 11th- Lynne: muted blues (think Kim Diehl or Thimbleberries) for 'ribbons' and cream for background

December 16th- Joyce: Dark tan, Burgundy, Green, and Brown for 'ribbons' and light cream for background

Views: 473

Replies to This Discussion

Marcia, I FINALLY got your blocks in the mail!!!  And Marybeth I pulled the fabric for yours!  Good thing I have a while before the next one.

Thanks to everyone who gave me blocks at the retreat.  It was such a good time.

Jan,

your block is made....just need to get it in the mail. i haven't been home much lately, too much traveling.

sorry for being SEW slow!

Marybeth, I understand.  Don't worry about it.  I look forward to seeing your blocks.  Thanks in advance.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service