Quilt With Us

The dates for this year's retreat are Thursday, August 1st through Sunday, August 4th.  I have ten hotel rooms blocked off for these three nights (THURS/FRI/SAT) for the IQers.  Two of these rooms have a single KING bed and the remaining eight rooms have two QUEEN beds.  The rate will be the same as this year's rate ($91.99) - but still a bargain considering what they usually charge for the rooms.  The conference room is reserved for us those three days (Thurs/Fri/Sat) and we are even allowed to sew on Sunday (at no charge) since we are never sure how long the last quilter(s) will be staying on Sunday!

This year's charity project is a 'FIDGET QUILT" Please make it approximately 24" x 24" (and NO MORE than 36"x36").   SENSORY is an important factor when making a fidget quilt.  Here's an opportunity for you to use up some of your orphan blocks.  Enhance your quilt blocks with zippers, beads, bobbles, buttons, keys, rick rack, lace, ruffles, doilies, velcro, small jingle bells, or whatever else you can think of that might keep their hands busy.  (Attach the beads with ribbons and sew the ribbons into the seams for durability.)  Different textures of fabrics such as corduroy, velvet, fake fur, etc. are a good idea as well. TACTILE is an important goal to keep in mind when constructing these 'Fidget Quilts'.  You can even add a pocket---complete with a small stuff animal tucked inside with a ribbon attached to the animal so if it falls out it can be easily retrieved! It will be exciting to see the variety of quilt blocks & techniques used in these completed fidget quilts!  I imagine we'll see a lot of creativity going into these charity projects!  Can't wait!

***For our LCR game you will need to bring three 2 1/2" strips.  One strip is to be BLACK on black, one strip is to be WHITE on white, and the final strip is to be a strip of BRIGHT tone on tone fabric.

***Remember to bring your NDTS (No Darker Than Sand) blocks so Diane can swap them out for all who participated:  Tressa, Janice, Sandy, Jackie O, Marcia, Lynne, Diane, Marybeth, Nancy, Joyce, Linda, and Karen.  You need to make twelve 12" blocks (12 1/2" unfinished) for this swap.  The pattern is your choice, but the blocks should all be the same pattern.  You may use different fabrics in each block if you want to use fabrics from your stash- but the pattern should be the same.  Make one block for everyone- including yourself.

***For those of you participating in this year's Birthday Swap ("Ribbons" block)- you can bring Jan's blocks to the retreat and save yourself some postage!  Jan's birthday is August 8th and the colors she selected for her block are: Light pink, Dark Pink, Light Gray, Dark Gray for the 'ribbons' and white on white for background

***Bring your completed MYSTERY QUILTS in which Sandy O shared clues- with assistance from Jackie O!

Overnight retreaters:  (To reserve your room call 515-733-6363.)

Rhonda & JoAnn

Deb S 

Tressa & mom Janice

Sandy O 

Jan

Linda N. 

Marcia & Judy

Jackie, Nancy, & Joyce

Day Trippers:

Lynne

Linda F (Jan's friend)

Diane

Jacque J

Lauren

Views: 778

Replies to This Discussion

Diane...could you please re-post the directions to your house?  I know you do it each year and I know I've been there before but....I just don't remember the twists and turns!

Thanks 

1420 Jacobson Dr

Coming off the interstate go through the stop light. Turn left at the gazebo. Go 2blocks, turn left at the playground. Brown house on right side yellow water pump in front

Thanks, Diane!

hi Ladies, sorry to say that i am no longer able to spend the weekend with all of you (sorry Sandy)

my son informed us that he has leave due to his new assignment and we are going to be heading to the East coast to see them (grand kids) most likely Sunday. I will try to stop by on Saturday morning to drop off my NDTS blocks and visit.  

sad that i can't sew with all of you.....always a great time! 

Oh darn! I hate to hear this but I know family trumps all!

Oh, MaryBeth- I am so disappointed you won't be able to sew with us...but totally understand how grandkids have priority!  And family should!  But I'm glad you will be popping in this Saturday.  We'll at least get to see you - even if for a short time!  :)

Hello All...With Marybeth no longer able to attend the retreat, I have no roommate.  Linda N., are you still looking for someone to share?  We need to make a decision ASAP or it will be too late to cancel one of the rooms.  Just let me know.

I just checked back and see that Darce will be rooming with Linda N.  I forgot that.  No problem; I'll enjoy the space all to myself.

Sandy, I cant come after all, so Linda needs a roomie

Yes let us share, can you take care of it. See you tomorrow

Linda, we were past the 24 hour cancellation period but Nancy, the new manager, was kind enough to accommodate us.  I canceled your room and told her you would be rooming with me.  We will just figure out the payment between us.

Marcia....in talking to Manager Nancy at the hotel she said they have a room reserved under "Iowa Quilter's 7" with your name mentioned but with no credit card.  She wants to know who will be in that room.  Please call her and straighten it out.  I told her I would let you know.

Thanks

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service