Quilt With Us

Instead of our annual "Birthday Swap" we will revisit our very first IQ Swap organized by our dear friend Betty in 2009.  Thirty participants participated in this first swap and in celebration of being IQ "Quilting Sisters" for TWELVE years, I am hoping that we will have a high number of quilters participating again in this year's swap!  :)

This is a fun and easy swap!  Each participant is to mail FIVE 5" charm squares in dark colored fabrics and FIVE 5" charm squares in light colored fabrics.  ALL TEN CHARMS MUST BE DIFFERENT PRINTS OF SHOP QUALITY FABRIC!  If you decide to participate you must mail ten 5" squares to all the participants.  Not everyone needs to receive the same ten fabrics- just make sure that the ten fabrics are all different. 

The charm squares should be mailed in a timely manner so that the recipients will receive their packet by MARCH 21st (National Quilting Day).

Please leave a comment below (prior to March 1st) if you wish to participate.  Most of your addresses I already have.  However, if I don't have your address, I will message you.  I will compile the addresses for everyone and share them via our group mailing on March 1st.

So who's ready for a good ol' charm swap??!

Participants: (some have responded here and some via Facebook) 

1) Marcia B 

2) Lynne M

3) Darce O

4) Marybeth P

5) Tressa J 

6) Linda N

7) Sandy O

8) Jackie O

9) Diane L

10) Carol V

11) Peg J

12) Karen H

13) Lana E

14) Rhonda H 

15) Janice H

16) Nancy H

17) Joyce

18) Bob Kent

19) Judy L

20) Jan W

Views: 922

Replies to This Discussion

No need to get nervous, Lana!!  I don't think any of us are just waiting on pins and needles to receive our charms because we have no other projects to work on!!  I will be gone the 20th - 29th, so I have all my charms cut and my envelopes with return address labels.  Then all I'll have to do when I get back is address them.  The more days we get a surprise in the mail, the more fun!!

No worries, Lana!  You've got this.  I have the addresses all typed and ready to go, but out of a courtesy to the deadline I posted for the sign up of March 1st---I'm holding off.  (Just in case there is anyone interested & is waiting till the last minute!)

BTW- you do NOT have to mail the charms on March 1st because that's just the deadline for the sign up.  You can mail the charms any time between March 1st and March 15th(?).  As long as the recipients get them by March 21st.  It will be fun to see all the variety of fabrics- kind of like going to a fabric shop!  :) 

Okay, folks- the sign up deadline is today, so I am closing our swap. We have a total of twenty participants!  WooHoo!  That's a mighty fine number of folks participating!  I have messaged all of you the addresses, so please check your inbox.  Please let me know ASAP if I have any addresses incorrect.  (Also- it would be a good idea to give me a "thumbs up" if I have your address correct).  That way, if I hear from everyone---I know you are good to go with this swap!  :)   (A few people will be notified via Facebook.)

Don't stress out on this activity...just have fun swapping charms!  And remember:  everyone doesn't have to receive the same ten charms.  You can certainly use what you have on hand and mix it up a bit!  No need for everyone to have identical charms.  After all- it going to be a scrappy project when completed!  :)

I'm excited to see the variety of charms I will be receiving and already have some ideas of what I might do with all my HSTs! 

Happy swapping, everyone!  :)

My address is correct....thanks Marcia!!

Thumbs up on mine! Can't wait to get started!

my address is correct also

Mine is fine!

mines good!

My address is correct.

Can everyone send mom's (Janice Halligan) squares to my address.

Just sent out a message to everyone asking them to mail your mom's charms to your address, Tressa.  Now you will be getting TWICE the stuffed envelopes in your mail box!  :)  

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service