Quilt With Us

Instead of our annual "Birthday Swap" we will revisit our very first IQ Swap organized by our dear friend Betty in 2009.  Thirty participants participated in this first swap and in celebration of being IQ "Quilting Sisters" for TWELVE years, I am hoping that we will have a high number of quilters participating again in this year's swap!  :)

This is a fun and easy swap!  Each participant is to mail FIVE 5" charm squares in dark colored fabrics and FIVE 5" charm squares in light colored fabrics.  ALL TEN CHARMS MUST BE DIFFERENT PRINTS OF SHOP QUALITY FABRIC!  If you decide to participate you must mail ten 5" squares to all the participants.  Not everyone needs to receive the same ten fabrics- just make sure that the ten fabrics are all different. 

The charm squares should be mailed in a timely manner so that the recipients will receive their packet by MARCH 21st (National Quilting Day).

Please leave a comment below (prior to March 1st) if you wish to participate.  Most of your addresses I already have.  However, if I don't have your address, I will message you.  I will compile the addresses for everyone and share them via our group mailing on March 1st.

So who's ready for a good ol' charm swap??!

Participants: (some have responded here and some via Facebook) 

1) Marcia B 

2) Lynne M

3) Darce O

4) Marybeth P

5) Tressa J 

6) Linda N

7) Sandy O

8) Jackie O

9) Diane L

10) Carol V

11) Peg J

12) Karen H

13) Lana E

14) Rhonda H 

15) Janice H

16) Nancy H

17) Joyce

18) Bob Kent

19) Judy L

20) Jan W

Views: 919

Replies to This Discussion

OOPS- Rhonda just contacted me to tell me about a typo in her address. Her house number should be 402 (not 420). She said she has gotten the envelopes that have already been mailed out, but if you have not mailed your charms yet....please correct her house number to read 402. Thanks!

Sorry, mine have already gone out.  But if it doesn't arrive, Rhonda, let me know and I'll send another set.

Me, too Rhonda.  Got Lynne's and Jan's today!

Whoops, I posted on the main site about the envelope status.  I mailed mine yesterday and Rhonda, to the wrong address if you don't get them, I will resend also.  Jan and Lynne I got yours yesterday.  Ladies, I hope that my lights are light enough, after seeing those I have received, if my lights aren't light enough sorry, I can send others if need be, or put into your dark category and add lights out of your stash and you have more squares to work with. Just let me know, I seem to be the rebel in the group or I just don't follow directions very well. 

Rhonda, both my charms and Mom, Janice, charms have the wrong address on them. Hope you get them. Let us know if you do not so we can send more.

Nancy, my lights are are probably the same as yours. I am hoping they are ok, too.

Got charms from Lynne, Jan, and Jackie O yesterday. Mom's got here also. 

Tressa,

They look good with mine!  

Carol, I received yours today.

Sent mine today from OPC.  Some of them are "unusual" prints; don't know where they came from.  I think a few of my stash male and female fat quarters mated!  But, I did follow directions so that no two fabrics are the same so there are only one or two strange ones.  And, I know someone will love them; those who don't wear sunglasses to quilt!

Too funny, Sandy! Your male & female FQs mated! LOL Now my curiosity is peaked and I can't wait to receive your charms!
My charms went out in the mail today also. Participating in this swap is so much fun! :)

Would you believe a purple leopard print??

well we have to have one rebel and this time it's me.. Some of you will get duplicate prints from me and the envelopes are sealed so I can't switch them up! 

I think I have 6 envelopes of squares so far.  It will be fun to get started on actually making the half squares.  I have a lay-out in mind, but we'll see if it works out.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service