Quilt With Us

Instead of our annual "Birthday Swap" we will revisit our very first IQ Swap organized by our dear friend Betty in 2009.  Thirty participants participated in this first swap and in celebration of being IQ "Quilting Sisters" for TWELVE years, I am hoping that we will have a high number of quilters participating again in this year's swap!  :)

This is a fun and easy swap!  Each participant is to mail FIVE 5" charm squares in dark colored fabrics and FIVE 5" charm squares in light colored fabrics.  ALL TEN CHARMS MUST BE DIFFERENT PRINTS OF SHOP QUALITY FABRIC!  If you decide to participate you must mail ten 5" squares to all the participants.  Not everyone needs to receive the same ten fabrics- just make sure that the ten fabrics are all different. 

The charm squares should be mailed in a timely manner so that the recipients will receive their packet by MARCH 21st (National Quilting Day).

Please leave a comment below (prior to March 1st) if you wish to participate.  Most of your addresses I already have.  However, if I don't have your address, I will message you.  I will compile the addresses for everyone and share them via our group mailing on March 1st.

So who's ready for a good ol' charm swap??!

Participants: (some have responded here and some via Facebook) 

1) Marcia B 

2) Lynne M

3) Darce O

4) Marybeth P

5) Tressa J 

6) Linda N

7) Sandy O

8) Jackie O

9) Diane L

10) Carol V

11) Peg J

12) Karen H

13) Lana E

14) Rhonda H 

15) Janice H

16) Nancy H

17) Joyce

18) Bob Kent

19) Judy L

20) Jan W

Views: 919

Replies to This Discussion

Got envelopes from Carol and Nancy. Thanks ladies.

Me, too!!

I received envelopes from Marcia, Jackie, Janice and Marybeth today and lovely charms!!! Oh what to make!!!

Thank you ladies!! 

I got the same ones you did, Nancy, plus Joyce's.  I'm still holding out for the 21st!!

Mine went out today

And just so you all know,,,Marcia is evil

Spirited and FUN loving....but never evil, Diane!!!  Bwahahahahahaha!

For those who wonder what to make with all these charms, take a look at Pat Speth's books, such as Nickle Quilts.  She wrote the patterns that use the 5" squares she calls nickles.  I've taken two of her classes; she's fun.  I wonder if she is still writing and designing.

Sandy and Peg, I received your envelopes today, thank you!

Got Joyce's  envelope the other day and Marybeths, Peg's and Marcia's yesterday. Mom's also came.

Diane and Darce, I received your envelopes yesterday.  Love all the fabrics I have received, thank you all.

It’s been fun getting these charms in the mail.  I’ve been making them into HST’s as they arrive - less chance of them ending up as a UFO.   Lol.  

good idea!

I'm waiting to open mine. What will you make with the HST?

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service