Quilt With Us

Instead of our annual "Birthday Swap" we will revisit our very first IQ Swap organized by our dear friend Betty in 2009.  Thirty participants participated in this first swap and in celebration of being IQ "Quilting Sisters" for TWELVE years, I am hoping that we will have a high number of quilters participating again in this year's swap!  :)

This is a fun and easy swap!  Each participant is to mail FIVE 5" charm squares in dark colored fabrics and FIVE 5" charm squares in light colored fabrics.  ALL TEN CHARMS MUST BE DIFFERENT PRINTS OF SHOP QUALITY FABRIC!  If you decide to participate you must mail ten 5" squares to all the participants.  Not everyone needs to receive the same ten fabrics- just make sure that the ten fabrics are all different. 

The charm squares should be mailed in a timely manner so that the recipients will receive their packet by MARCH 21st (National Quilting Day).

Please leave a comment below (prior to March 1st) if you wish to participate.  Most of your addresses I already have.  However, if I don't have your address, I will message you.  I will compile the addresses for everyone and share them via our group mailing on March 1st.

So who's ready for a good ol' charm swap??!

Participants: (some have responded here and some via Facebook) 

1) Marcia B 

2) Lynne M

3) Darce O

4) Marybeth P

5) Tressa J 

6) Linda N

7) Sandy O

8) Jackie O

9) Diane L

10) Carol V

11) Peg J

12) Karen H

13) Lana E

14) Rhonda H 

15) Janice H

16) Nancy H

17) Joyce

18) Bob Kent

19) Judy L

20) Jan W

Views: 919

Replies to This Discussion

I forgot we were supposed to open them on the 21st.  I have stuff all over my cutting table, so it will have to wait a few more days.  I am still missing three, Linda, Lana and Judy.  I know that two are coming so will wait for them to arrive.  This will be a fun adventure.

Sandy, stay safe.  Things will get better, eventually, if we all do what we are supposed to do.  I get upset every time they show the young adults on the beaches playing.  So irresponsible!!  Not only to themselves, but others they come in contact with.  Hope none of them end up regretting their fun.

Yes, South Padre Island here is a major spring break destination.  They have closed the beaches but there are still "kids" who defy the orders and continue to party and drink till their hearts content until the police break them up.  They think they are invincible and don't give a thought to others they may be infecting. Sorry story for some of that generation.

The fact that folks (both young and old) are so irresponsible scares me almost as much as the virus itself.  Please folks, stay home.

Judy and Lana, I received your envelopes yesterday, Thank you all, I have started constructing hourglass blocks with mine.  

Has anyone heard from Linda Northwick?  Marcia asked the other day but I didn't see any response.  I hope she is okay; I know her husband has health problems.  Does anyone have her phone number who can call and check on her?

I think I saw Linda post on FB recently.

I saw her recent FB post too.  Because she has been on Facebook recently, she should've seen the message I posted on her FB page about our IQ Charm Swap.  I had also sent her a personal message.  I'm doing the best I can to get in contact with her.  I don't have her phone number.  Does anybody have her number? 

No word at all from her has me wondering.....and worried.

she has "liked" some of my recent pictures and  posted yesterday so she's active.

Lana and Judy got your charms yesterday and the day before.

Thanks Judy - got yours today -- so pretty!

I have all but Linda's.  So pretty.  Can't wait to start doing "something" with them.  DH asked me how many of those envelopes I was going to receive!!!  I told him 19 and he just looked at me like I was crazy.  Maybe I am!!

Thanks for all the lovely charms.

i got linda's today. think that's all!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service