Quilt With Us

Instead of our annual "Birthday Swap" we will revisit our very first IQ Swap organized by our dear friend Betty in 2009.  Thirty participants participated in this first swap and in celebration of being IQ "Quilting Sisters" for TWELVE years, I am hoping that we will have a high number of quilters participating again in this year's swap!  :)

This is a fun and easy swap!  Each participant is to mail FIVE 5" charm squares in dark colored fabrics and FIVE 5" charm squares in light colored fabrics.  ALL TEN CHARMS MUST BE DIFFERENT PRINTS OF SHOP QUALITY FABRIC!  If you decide to participate you must mail ten 5" squares to all the participants.  Not everyone needs to receive the same ten fabrics- just make sure that the ten fabrics are all different. 

The charm squares should be mailed in a timely manner so that the recipients will receive their packet by MARCH 21st (National Quilting Day).

Please leave a comment below (prior to March 1st) if you wish to participate.  Most of your addresses I already have.  However, if I don't have your address, I will message you.  I will compile the addresses for everyone and share them via our group mailing on March 1st.

So who's ready for a good ol' charm swap??!

Participants: (some have responded here and some via Facebook) 

1) Marcia B 

2) Lynne M

3) Darce O

4) Marybeth P

5) Tressa J 

6) Linda N

7) Sandy O

8) Jackie O

9) Diane L

10) Carol V

11) Peg J

12) Karen H

13) Lana E

14) Rhonda H 

15) Janice H

16) Nancy H

17) Joyce

18) Bob Kent

19) Judy L

20) Jan W

Views: 919

Replies to This Discussion

I received Linda's charms today also.  All the participants have mailed their charms out now!  Have fun brainstorming...and creating your CHARMing masterpieces!  :)

I got yours today, Linda!  Thank you!  

LInda, I also got your blocks, and I love them, sooo my colors.  I have started on my project,  Not sure what the end result will be but I will cherish it and remember all my quilting sisters when I look at each block!!

Have a great weekend and stay safe.  I have today off and just got home from spending the night with dd1 and #1 grandson.

I have my hourglass blocks made and now to trim them all.  I think this will be my covid-19 quilt/throw.  Thinking a middle block with the hourglass blocks surrounding it. It will be a reminder to not take anything for granted and to be thankful for all we have. Love thy neighbor!!

Be safe everyone.

Lots of pretty HST’s.  I was considering a different design but the one I saw was done with all whites as the lights and the pattern got lost with the variations in these.  I’m really happy with how this turned out so the change in plan was good!   I did have one big mistake.  After I was all finished I found the envelope with my HST’s from Carol’s blocks under a basket - noooo!  I considered taking some out and replacing them but decided instead I’ll use those and make a block to use in the backing and maybe for a label.  The colors in the border are lighter than they look here and it has most of the colors in the blocks. 

Looks great, Peg!!  How big did it end up?  Around 75 inches?  I need to start on mine.  HSTs are kind of 'mindless' piecing, which I need once in a while!

I like that Peg!  Makes me and my charms kinda special LOL.  You will always remember which ones were mine!!!!  And I love love love your layout!  I admire how quickly you got that together!

Good guess Jackie.  It’s 72x72.

That looks great Peg.

I love the design you chose for your HSTs!  Pretty amazing quilt, Peg! Thanks for posting. 

I am wondering how you ladies are joining your light/dark fabric squares to form the HSTs?  Are you keeping each individual's 5 light and 5 dark squares together to make them into ten HSTs?  Or.... are you throwing everyone's squares into a two LARGE piles with ALL the darks together and ALL the lights together before you start making your HSTs?  Just curious......

*The very first time we did this swap- I threw ALL my blocks together and separated them by colors.  The "FURROWS" quilt I made was what I call a 'controlled' scrappy! (It was the quilt pictured on the card I mailed with my fabric squares.)

I'm not making HST with mine.   I threw them all together and matched up light and dark sets. I am making a block called Anita's Arrowhead. It is one that has been pinned on my Pinterest board for a long time.  I'm using it as leader ender so it will be a long time before I get them all done. 

Marcia- I kept everyone’s squares together.  I actually made my HST’s as the squares arrived so they were all ready to go at the end of the exchange.  I think I sorted them by color with our first exchange.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service