Quilt With Us

ITEMS TO BRING TO THE RETREAT:

*A salad for Thursday's noon luncheon at Diane's home

*Your beverage of choice (water, tea, pop, wine....whatever your preference) for the duration of the retreat

*Snack to set out on the community snack table to be shared with everyone (cookies, chocolate, bars, fresh fruit, chocolate, licorice, candy, nuts, mints, chocolate, trail mix....you get the idea!)  Quilters are partial to chocolate!!!  :)

*PANEL QUILT made from the panel you got from Marcia at the 2017 retreat.  

* One or two children's pillowcases to donate to our "Betty Cases" charity project.  The school nurse gives needy elementary children these pillowcases at Christmas time with necessary items (socks, mittens, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc) tucked inside the pillowcases.   We have 100 right now, but will give away approximately 60 of those pillowcases this Christmas.   

*Three FQs in BRIGHT POLKA DOTS (or any dot print) for our LCR game!  It doesn't make any difference what the background colors are as long as the backgrounds and polka dots are bright!

*Please bring three quilt related items in a RECYCLED GIFT BAG for our swap.  The three items to tuck inside the "MYSTERY BAG" are:  1)  a quilt book or pattern you no longer want;  2) a quilt tool (e.g.- a seam ripper, tape measure, scissors, a duplicate of a tool you already have or maybe even a special ruler you had to have but don't use; 3) TWO yards of fabric you are no longer in love with or you wish to donate!  The two yards can consist of 8 FQs, four 1/2 yards cuts, whatever....as long as it equals TWO yards of fabric!  (And NO...the fabrics do not have to be coordinating if you have more than one fabric!)   Place these three things into a recycled gift bag for our swap activity!  After we are done playing the game and you received something in the bag you don't think you'll use - we can swap with one another after the game or contribute it to IQ's Garage Sale!

*Any additional sewing related items (not tucked inside the "Mystery Bag") can be added to our annual GARAGE SALE!  Here's a great opportunity to clean out those no-longer-needed items in your sewing room and have them adopted by your fellow quilters!  Feel free to bring other craft items such as yarn, beads, felt, buttons, etc. -since everything seems to find a home at these garage sales!  Even novels, audio books, and cookbooks can be added to the garage sale since we have a lot of avid readers in our group!

*Two or three quilt projects you have completed and would like to share during our "SHOW & TELL"

*Remember your quilting buddy:  your friendly stuffed GORILLA!

FYI- those of you participating in this year's IQ's Birthday Swap can bring along Jan's birthday card & Nine Patches to the retreat (and save yourself some postage)!  Her b'day is August 8th!  :) 

THIS AND THAT:

*I will bring two sets of bed risers to place under the legs of two long tables to make them a comfortable height for cutting tables.

*The hotel will supply the irons and ironing boards. (These are from the rooms but the staff will have them in the conference room for us to use during the retreat.)  You may wish to bring your own personal mini-iron and small ironing pad so you can do this task in your work space.

*Bring your own rotary cutter, scissors, and rulers.  You may decide to bring a small cutting mat, but it's silly for all of us to bring large cutting mats.  Diane, Rhonda, and I will bring a LARGE cutting mat to share with others.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

THURSDAY at 7 PM- "Show & Tell" of quilts brought from home and sharing of the pillowcases made for our "Betty-Case" charity project.

FRIDAY at 4:00 PM- "PANEL" quilts shared and next year's challenge revealed!  :)

at 7 PM- LCR game (using 3 FQs of bright polka dot prints) and the "Mystery Bag" exchange

SATURDAY at 9:00 AM- Garage Sale

Views: 275

Replies to This Discussion

I will bring one of the large cutting mats but would like to have two other individuals each offer to bring a large cutting mat also.  Anybody willing to bring another cutting mat???

I can bring my large mat as well:)

Please note:  you do NOT have to bring any children's pillowcases but this is just our way to continue to honor Betty and her pillowcase project.  We should be in good shape with the number of pillowcases we already have- right, Jackie?!  But bringing some pillowcases to this year's retreat will keep us on top of the number needed for this year's Christmas- as well as giving us a jump start for the following Christmas.  :)

Yes, I believe we have enough for this year, Marcia, based on what they requested last year.  I will count later today (it's 2:20 a.m. right now) and report back!  Up early to take son-in-law to the DSM airport.  His brother is getting married in NH this weekend.  Kaci & Riley left last night to fly out of Minneapolis...long story short...they changed flight plans after not getting to state tournament. :^(

I counted the Betty-cases that I have and there are 100.  I believe I delivered 60 last December, so we will have enough for this year...any more will be greatly appreciated and accepted to fulfill our need for the next year!  IQ is the BEST!!

I have a large mat.....can you share this on our Facebook page or at least direct people here. I know there are some that song follow our is group other than on fb

Good idea!  Will post on Facebook!  

Thanks for bring a large cutting mat!

Roland-story still in i believe Jackie
Roland-story still in i believe Jackie

it never fails, just when you think everything is arranged, someone decides to ADD things to my list of things to go to........now i have a wedding on Saturday and a college friend from Michigan is driving through on Thursday afternoon. 

Sandy, my thought is that instead of rooming with you on Friday and Saturday night i come on Thursday evening and take Friday off and stay over Thurs and Friday nights, go to this wedding and then come back on Sunday morning. 

does this cause any problems for anyone? is there space in the conference room?

No worries, Marybeth!  There will be plenty of "comings & goings" throughout the retreat!  Stay when you can----leave when you have to!  Looking forward to seeing you and everyone else!  :)

That will work for me, Marybeth: Thursday and Friday nights instead of Friday and Saturday will be fine. 

Also, don't look for me at the Thursday luncheon; not sure when I'll get out of here so will just meet everyone at the hotel after lunch.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service