Quilt With Us

ITEMS TO BRING TO THE RETREAT:

*A salad for Thursday's noon luncheon at Diane's home

*Your beverage of choice (water, tea, pop, wine....whatever your preference) for the duration of the retreat

*Snack to set out on the community snack table to be shared with everyone (cookies, chocolate, bars, fresh fruit, chocolate, licorice, candy, nuts, mints, chocolate, trail mix....you get the idea!)  Quilters are partial to chocolate!!!  :)

*Your FIDGET QUILT

*Three 2 1/2" STRIPS (one is black on black, one is white on white, and one is bright tone on tone) for our LCR game!  

*Please bring three quilt related items in a RECYCLED GIFT BAG for our swap.  The three items to tuck inside the "MYSTERY BAG" are:  1)  a quilt book or pattern you no longer want;  2) a quilting tool (e.g.- a seam ripper, tape measure, scissors, a duplicate of a tool you already have or maybe even a special ruler you had to have but don't use; 3) TWO yards of fabric you are no longer in love with or you wish to donate!  The two yards can consist of two 1- yard pieces or one 2-yard piece. Place these three things into a recycled gift bag for our swap activity!  After we are done playing the game and you received something in the bag you don't think you'll use - we can swap with one another after the game or contribute it to IQ's Garage Sale!

*Any additional sewing related items (not tucked inside the "Mystery Bag") can be added to our annual GARAGE SALE!  Here's a great opportunity to clean out those no-longer-needed items in your sewing room and have them adopted by your fellow quilters!  Feel free to bring other craft items such as yarn, beads, felt, buttons, etc. -since everything seems to find a home at these garage sales!  Even novels, audio books, and cookbooks can be added to the garage sale since we have a lot of avid readers in our group!

*Two or three quilt projects you have completed and would like to share during our "SHOW & TELL"!  Remember to bring your completed MYSTERY QUILTS in which Sandy O shared the clues- with assistance from Jackie O.

**Remember your quilting buddy:  your friendly stuffed GORILLA!

***Remember to bring your NDTS (No Darker Than Sand) blocks so Diane can swap them out for all who participated:  Tressa, Janice, Sandy, Jackie O, Marcia, Lynne, Diane, Marybeth, Nancy, Joyce, Linda, and Karen.  You need to make twelve 12" blocks (12 1/2" unfinished) for this swap.  The pattern is your choice, but the blocks should all be the same pattern.  You may use different fabrics in each block if you want to use fabrics from your stash- but the pattern should be the same.  Make one block for everyone- including yourself.

****If you participating in this year's IQ's Birthday Swap you may bring along Jan's birthday card & "Woven Ribbons"  blocks  (in pinks, grays, and white) to the retreat and save yourself some postage!  Her b'day is August 8th!  :) 

THIS AND THAT:

*I will bring two sets of bed risers to place under the legs of two long tables to make them a comfortable height for cutting tables.

*The hotel will supply the irons and ironing boards. (These are from the rooms but the staff will have them in the conference room for us to use during the retreat.)  You may wish to bring your own personal mini-iron and small ironing pad so you can do this task in your work space.

*Bring your own rotary cutter, scissors, and rulers.  You may decide to bring a small cutting mat, but it's silly for all of us to bring large cutting mats.  Diane, Rhonda, and I will each bring a LARGE cutting mat to share with others.

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:

THURSDAY at 7 PM- "Show & Tell" of quilts brought from home.

FRIDAY at 4:00 PM- "FIDGET" quilts shared and next year's challenge revealed!  :)

at 7 PM- LCR game (using three 2 1/2" strips of black, white, and bright) and the "Mystery Bag" exchange

SATURDAY at 9:00 AM- Garage Sale

***Please note that Jackie O has plenty of "Betty-cases" for this Christmas, so no need to bring pillowcases to this retreat. With Nurse Mary's passing, Jackie will check to make sure that this activity will still be continued with Mary's replacement.

Views: 119

Replies to This Discussion

Marcia, can you clarify what the 3rd 2 1/2" strip is supposed to be?  The other discussion says a BRIGHT strip, and this discussion says BLACK & WHITE strip.

OOPS!  My bad!  Got confused and the first post is correct!  It is to be a bright strip!  Thanks for pointing this out!  I have fixed my typo!

Bringing this to the top since we seem to have three discussions on retreat.

I'm sad I'm going to miss game night.  We have a Feed My Starving Children food pack at church that weekend.  The minister's sermon a few weeks ago was on sacrificing something we enjoy that weekend to participate.  Game night with you all will be my sacrifice!  If anyone else wants to come along and help we have lots of spots available 6:30-8:00.  It's only an hours drive.

Forgot to mention: please bring your completed Mystery Quilts in which Sandy O shared the clues - with assistance from Jackie O!

Got the car packed.....and it is FULL!  I have a lot of 'gems' for the garage sale and am hoping my car is NOT as full on the way home!  :)  

I have a box for you to refill it with!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service