Quilt With Us

ITEMS TO BRING TO THE RETREAT:

*A salad for Friday noon's luncheon at Diane's home

*Your beverage of choice (water, tea, pop, wine....whatever your preference) for the duration of the retreat

*Snack to set out on the community snack table to be shared with everyone (cookies, chocolate, bars, fresh fruit, chocolate, licorice, candy, nuts, mints, chocolate, trail mix....you get the idea!)  Quilters are partial to chocolate!!!  :)

*Lap robe made from a quilt block thats name begins with the SAME LETTER as your first name!  Try to keep the lap robe to 36"x36" so it won't get caught in the wheels of any wheelchairs.

*Three  batik FQs in SUNSET colors for our LCR game!

*Please bring three quilt related items in a RECYCLED GIFT BAG for our swap.  The three items to tuck inside the "MYSTERY BAG" are:  1)  a quilt book or pattern you no longer want;  2) a quilt tool (e.g.- a seam ripper, tape measure, scissors, a duplicate of a tool you already have or maybe even a special ruler you had to have but don't use; 3) TWO yards of fabric you are no longer in love with or you wish to donate!  The two yards can consist of 8 FQs, four 1/2 yards cuts, whatever....as long as it equals TWO yards of fabric!  (And NO...the fabrics do not have to be coordinating if you have more than one fabric!)   Place these three things into a recycled gift bag for our swap activity!  After we are done playing the game and you received something in the bag you don't think you'll use - we can swap with one another after the game!

*Any additional sewing related items (not tucked inside the "Mystery Bag") can be added to our annual GARAGE SALE!  Here's a great opportunity to clean out those no-longer-needed items in your sewing room and have them adopted by your fellow quilters!  Feel free to bring other craft items such as yarn, beads, felt, buttons, etc. -since everything seems to find a home at these garage sales!  Even novels, audio books, and cookbooks can be added to the garage sale since we have a lot of avid readers in our group!

*Two or three quilt projects you have completed and would like to share during our "SHOW & TELL"

*Remember your quilting buddy:  your friendly stuffed GORILLA!

THIS AND THAT:

*I will bring two sets of bed risers to place under the legs of two long tables to make them a comfortable height for cutting tables.

*The hotel will supply the irons and ironing boards. (These are from the rooms but the staff will have them in the conference room for us to use during the retreat.)  You may wish to bring your own personal mini-iron and small ironing pad so you can do this task in your work space.

*Bring your own rotary cutter, scissors, and rulers.  You may decide to bring a small cutting mat, but it's silly for all of us to bring large cutting mats.  Diane, Sandy, and I will bring LARGE cutting mats to share with others.  

Views: 488

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, all of what Sandy just said there....

Amen to that!!  Marcia is such a giving person and she has such "fun" ideas.  I love her cheering and bright smile.  Even tho you have had more that your share of heartache over the past few years, you still find the energy and love to cheer the rest of us along.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

I can hardly wait!!!

Awwwww....thanks for the kind words, ladies- but it is YOU who brings JOY to me!  I love doing these crazy activities with everyone because it creates so much laughter... and it certainly builds camaraderie among us!  Plus the memories we make just add to our enjoyment!  So glad you all go along with my 'unique' activities and tolerate all that I throw at ya!  Our retreats are the B.E.S.T.!!!!!!  I gotta admit:  IQ Sisters rock!  :)

I am bringing 15 pillowcase kits made from the fabric Pat shared with me from her "Crypt" when four of us gals helped her box up the fabric she had in the basement last fall. There were only a few fabric pieces that were big enough (and cute enough) to sew into children's pillowcases.  So I cut all of these fabric pieces Pat had donated into pillowcase BODIES and then searched my stash for the cuffs & accent strips.  Some are really cute and some are somewhat 'creative'!  But all will be loved!  :)

So if any of you would like some pillowcases to sew up during retreat: feel free to sew up any of these 15 kits I am bringing along!

My plan is to bring 3 already sewn up from my stash!  Then I can work on my projects during retreat time!  If we all just do 2 or 3 pillowcases we should be in good shape with the number will be needing in December!

That sounds great, Marcia.  I have only one ready to sew so I'll be glad to do two of yours.

I dont have any to contribute, so I will sew up a couple. Thanks Marcia.

can you tell us what we need for the games which day for those that will only be there part of the time?

I am trying to work the schedule around Jacque since she is only going to be there on Friday.  Is there anyone else who will be there just a portion of the time?

If Jacque is the only one who plans to be at the retreat for just a portion of the time (FRIDAY) and since she has a lap robe completed and has her three FQs, that means we will do most (if not all) our games & activities on Friday evening- so she can participate in the fun along with all of us. 

Here's what I am tentatively thinking for our schedule of activities: 

Friday- LCR game with three Sunset colored FQs

Mystery Bag swap game  (2 yards fabric, a quilt pattern or book, a sewing tool inside recycled gift bag) 

Lap Robe 'Reveal'  & share next year's lap robe challenge 

Saturday- Show & Tell

Garage Sale

and one more....."SURPRISE"  I have planned!  :)

Does this schedule meet everyone's approval?  Let me know your thoughts, ladies!

Boy I'm glad I read this! I was thinking 2 1/2" strip in sunset colors, not fqs! I would have held up the game while I ram home to get some!

sounds good to me

I had to reread all the info about stuff to bring.  Completely forgot about the gorilla!!!  Hope Marybeth will be bringing food as I don't have any on hand.

I have made a list and think I will have everything ready to go also.  (Deb I was thinking 2-1/2" strips also.)

So excited to see everyone.

Sounds good, hope I remember everything.

RSS

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service