Quilt With Us

This is just a temporary discussion I posted so we can kick around some ideas for next year's Birthday Swap.  (I will delete this discussion after we make the final decision of what we will do for our upcoming swap and you can sign up to participate in the new discussion when we make a decision!)

So, Ladies- when you are brainstorming.....anything goes!  What are some suggestions for next year's swap??  

In 2009 we kicked off our new Iowa Quilter's group with a "Friendship Swap" of 5" charms of three dark fabrics and three light fabrics!

Here are the BIRTHDAY SWAPS we've had thus far:

2010- Three 2 1/2" strips in Red/Black/White OR Brown/Teal/Cream OR Scrappy. 

2011- One 12 1/2" block of your choice made using the Birthday Girl's three color choices (or theme of their choice: such as 30's reproduction, Civil War prints).

2012- One FQ of Birthday Girl's choice of fabrics (Orientals, Halloween, 30s, Jewel Tone batiks, Fall fabrics, etc).

2013- Two 2 1/2" strips in brights OR black/whites---along with a copy of a strip pattern.

2014- Two 10" squares in Birthday Girl's choice of colors.

2015- One 12 1/2" HOUSE block square in bright OR subdued OR realistic fabrics 

2016- Hmmm...we must not have done a swap since I have no info for that year.  I looked back in our IQ Discussion Groups for our 2016 Birthday Swap and found none!

2017- One "Saw Tooth Star" with different center done in Birthday Girl's color choices.

2018- five "Nine Patch" blocks done with five dark fabrics and four light fabrics...no color choices ("You get what you get!")

***Remember- do NOT sign up for next year's birthday swap here...just BRAINSTORM!***

Views: 478

Replies to This Discussion

yes! no triangles

thumbs up

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service