Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3767

Replies to This Discussion

Mmmm, this sounds yummy!
no calories here right?!  (I write this with saliva pour out of my mouth)
Mmmm, it is yummy!
Thanks, Melzee! Can't wait to try it out! It was delish!

I think monkey bread might make it to Open Sew in July.....that is if I make it to open sew in July.

These cupcakes are a great treat for after school snacks, served at meetings, or enjoyed as a dessert!

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER CUPCAKES

1 pkg chocolate cake mix

1 1/4 cups water

1/2 cup peanut butter

1/3 cup canola oil

3 eggs

24 miniature peanut butter cups

Mix first five ingredients together.  Fill muffin cups 1/2 full.  Press peanut butter cup in center of batter.  Cover it with one tablespoon of batter.  Bake at 350 degrees for 18-22 minutes.  Frosting with tub of chocolate frosting that has had 1/3 cup peanut butter stirred in.

Does anyone have a recipe for Deep Fried Butter on a Stick? Does anyone want a recipe for Deep Fried Butter on a Stick? Now the Red Velvet Funnel Cake, that is another story altogether. Hubby and and I shared one at the fair. However, there is that issue of the deep frying - a whole lot ot calories! I think I will stick with Red Velvet cake. It has fewer calories, but it doesn't have the deep fried funnel cake crispy edges. 
They showed how the butter on a stick was made on TV one day.  It looked like they dipped it in the stuff you put on corn dogs with cinnamon and sugar the deep fried it.  The kid took a bite and all the melted butter ran down his arm.  A friend's husband tried one, I'm going to have to find out if it tasted as nasty as it sounds.

I heard that the butter on a stick, wasn't an entire stick of butter, only 1/2 a stick.  Still doesn't make it sound any yummier to me!

This muffin recipe is quick and easy.  It is a Weight Watchers' recipe.

CAKE MIX MUFFINS

Original recipe: Blend in one can of pumpkin with one box of dry cake mix.  Stir until well blended.  If you want a lighter muffin add 1/2 cup water.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

*You can use any flavored cake mix.  Carrot, yellow, and spice are really delicious!  You can even use a chocolate cake mix...and add chocolate chips if you like!

My favorite is the butter pecan cake mix, a can of pumpkin, 1/2 cup raisins (plumped in 2/3 cup boiling water), 1/2 cup oatmeal, and 1/4 cup chopped pecans.  Blend all together - including the water from the raisins.  Very moist and flavorful!  

**Have fun creating your own muffin varieties with different cake mixes and different muffin ingredients!** 

It's a good idea to refrigerate these muffins since they are sooooo moist.  Otherwise, if you leave them on the counter, they will spoil quickly.

Sounds delish!!  I'll have to try it soon.

I've made this with the spice mix and put it in a bundt pan-works great that way too

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service