Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3774

Replies to This Discussion

Hope you like it, Shirley.  The roast doesn't HAVE to be browned if someone is in a hurry but I like the browned flavor and always do it for these beef recipes.

Sandy, what are pepperoncinis?  I've never heard of them.

They are Italian pickled peppers, in a jar where you find olives etc. in the store.  They are moderately spicy and give the sandwich a nice kick.

cool - I'll bet Jeff would like those.  I'll look for them.

Another easy meal is the same directions as Sandy's pepperocini beef but add a can of beef broth and packet of dry italian dressing instead.  It's yummy and also freezes well.

Tried this recipe last week and with the crock pot on all day...the aroma was making my mouth water!  The shredded beef was delicious!  I froze the leftovers and had some of it again yesterday!  :)

I LOVE the beef recipes that cook long and shred easily and make great sandwiches.  YUM!!

Okay- I am all about keeping it simple when you are crunched for time, so here's two easy recipes that use cake mixes and both are quite yummy:

NUTTY PEACH CRISP

1 can (29 oz) sliced peaches, undrained

1 pkg spice cake mix or butter pecan cake mix 

1/2 cup margarine or butter

1 cup flaked coconut

1 cup chopped pecans

Heat oven to 325 degrees  Pour peaches (with syrup) into ungreased 13x9x2" pan.  Top with cake mix (dry). Dot with margarine; sprinkle with coconut and pecans.  Bake 55-60 minutes or until top is golden brown.  Let stand at least 15 minutes before serving.  Serve warm or cool.  12-15 servings.  Note- the butter pecan cake mix is my favorite when using this recipe!

CAN'T LEAVE ALONE BARS

1 pkg white cake mix

2 eggs

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk

1 cup (6 oz) semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 cup butter, cubed

In a bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, and oil.  With floured hands, press two-thirds of the mixture into a greased 13x9x2" pan.  Set remaining cake mixture aside.  In a microwave safe bowl, combine the milk, chocolate chips, and butter.  Microwave, uncovered, on high for 45 seconds; stir.  Microwave 45-60 seconds longer or until chips and butter are melted; stir until smooth.  Pour over crust.  Drop teaspoonfuls of remaining cake mixture over top.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.

Both sound yummy!  I'll have to check the pantry for cake mixes.

The recipe was in our local paper in December.  It was a first-place winnter at the Arkansas State Fair in October and it was recently named first-place winner in the Pillsbury Pie Crust Baking Championship.  The recipe won to creator $6,000 in prize money.

SALTED CARAMEL-CHOCOLATE-PEANUT BUTTER PIE

1 refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box

1 (14-oz) bag of caramels, unwarapped

1/4 cup milk

1-3/4 cup Spanish peanuts, divided use  (Party peanuts)

1 (14-oz) can sweetened condensed milk

1 egg, beaten

1/3 cup peanut butter, creamy

8 ounces miniature chocolate-covered peanut butter cup candies, unwrapped, chopped

1 (1.55 oz) milk chocolate bar, melted

1/4 teaspoon kosher salt

Heat oven to 450 degrees.  Bake pie crust in a 10-inch glass pie plate as directed on box for a single-crust pie.  Cool completely on cooling rack, about 15 minutes.

In medium microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and milk uncovered - on 100% power 1 to 2 minutes or until melted, stir until smooth.  Reserve 2 tablespoons  melted caramel.  Stir 1-1/2 cups of the peanuts into the remaining caramel mixture.  Pour caramel mixture into baked pie crust.

Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.

In large bowl, stir condensed milk, egg and peanut butter until smooth.  Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.  Pour in crust over caramel mixture.  Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until filling is set.  Cool, then refrigerate for 1 hour.  Drizzle melted candy bar and reserved caramel over top of pie.  Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup peanuts.  Sprinkle salt evenly over the pie. Serve.

Cover and refrigerate any left overs.  Makes 8 servings.  (I cut the pie into 12 pieces and that was plenty for for each serving. This is very rich and filling, but yummy.  Tastes like a Snicker bar.)

Oh, Jan- this sounds absolutely heavenly and ....PACKED full of calories!!!!  lol   Who cares?!!!  I think this is a recipe I have to make!  (I hear it calling my name!!! lol)

Where, oh where, is the perfect smoked pork butt?  Come on...I'm just going to keep nagging until it's posted.  Problem is, I can't remember who to nag but I THINK it was Peg!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service