Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3757

Replies to This Discussion

This might make good Christmas gifts packed in decorated jars or gift bags.

apple pie filling

7qts

peel, slice& core  apples . tightly pack into 7 qt canning jars and cover with syrup. Process 20 min. in water bath canner.

Syrup:

4 1/2 c. sugar

1 c.cornstarch

2t. cinnamon 

1t. salt

10c. water

3 T. lemon juice. 

combine 1st 5 ingredients. cook syrup till thick and bubbly. Add lemon juice. pour over apples in the jars. ease out an air bubbles. Process. 

I've used this syrup for canning cherry and peach filling also but I leave out the cinn.

Thanks Diane,  do you put the apples in warm jars?

The jars will be warm from sterilizing them and putting the hot syrup into them. You don't have to do anything else to warm them

I've used this recipe ever since my kids were little. You can substitute buttermilk, almond, or soy for regular milk if you want. Keep in an airtight container, will last for months.

Pancake mix:

10 c all purpose flour

3 c. whole wheat flour

3 c crushed corn flakes

2 c old fashioned rolled oatmeal 

1 T baking soda

5 rounded teaspoons baking powder

1/4 c sugar

3 t salt (optional)

combine all ingredients put in air tight container. When ready to use mix 1 1/2c mix with 1 egg, 1 1/2 c milk, Bake on griddle as usual

makes 18 cups dry mix

AUNT MONNIE'S BROWNIES  -from my favorite aunt (Monica) 

2 cups sugar

1 1/2 cup margarine

Cream together and then add & mix:

2 eggs

2/3 cup cocoa

2 cups flour

1 cup milk

1 tsp. vanilla

nut meats

Spread into a sheet cake pan (not greased). Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.  That's correct...there is NO baking powder or soda in this recipe.  It is definitely a moist, rich brownie and so very tasty when frosted with the following frosting! Can you say "Chocolate Perfection!"?  :)

CHOCOLATE FROSTING

1 1/2 cups sugar

6 Tbsp. milk

6 Tbsp. margarine

1 cup miniature marshmallows 

Bring sugar, milk  and margarine to a boil and boil for 30 seconds.  NO LONGER!  Remove from heat and add real chocolate chips.  Stir until melted.  Then add marshmallows and keep stirring until thick.  Then spread on brownies.  Can also be used on cupcakes and cake.  YUM!

Camouflaged Zucchini 

2 tsp salt

1 1/2 lb ground beef

1 quart Zucchini chunks

1 quart canned tomatoes(I used fresh tomatoes,peeled and quartered)

1 cup chopped celery

1/2 cup chopped onion

1/4 cup chopped green pepper

1 Tbsp chopped parsley

1/4 tsp pepper

1 cup broken spaghetti

Sprinklw salt in electric skillet set at 375 deg. Cook and stir ground beef until pink color is gone. Add rest of ingredients except for spaghetti and bring to a boil,then reduce heat to 220 deg-simmer for 30 minutes. I added garlic and oregano here. Thenincrease temp to 300 deg and stir in spaghettiand cook foir 15 minutes,stirring occasionally. I had 1 grand who does not like tomatoes,so he got bare spaghetti with butter on it,so i cooked the spaghetti separately. If you do it that way,the sauce will be thin..Also,I used summer squash instead of the zucchini,but we liked it anyway..

Thanks for the recipe, Pat!  Lots of zucchini floating around this time of year so all ways to use it up are welcome ;^)

Quinoa enchilada bake

9x13 greased pan ,350°

1c. Uncooked quinoa (rinsed)

2 c.water

1T. Olive oil

1 small onion diced

3 cloves minced garlic

1 red bell pepper diced

1 yellow bell pepper diced

1c. Frozen sweet corn

Juice of 1 lime

1t.cumin

1T.chili powder

2 cans black beans drained and rinsed

2c. Red enchilada sauce

2c.shredded Mexican cheese

Optional toppings-green onion, avocado, sour cream

Bring water and quinoa to boil. Boil 5 minutes. Reduce to simmer for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed. Meanwhile saute vegetables in olive oil. Pour in large bowl, add quinoa and beans, pour in enchilada sauce, add 1/2c.of the cheese, lime juice, cumin and chili powder. Mix well.Pour in pan top with remaining cheese. Cover with foil.

Bake20 minutes, remove foil, bake 10 more minutes. Serve with any optional toppings

Crispy cheddar chicken

9 x 13 greased pan. 400°,30 minutes

4 large skinless boneless chicken breasts cut in half length wise

2 sleeves ritz crackers, smashed

2c.grated cheddar cheese

Milk

Put chicken in Ziploc bag, pour in milk, let soak about 15 mins. Remove from bag,Dredge breasts in cheese then cracker crumbs.this gets messy. Really mash cheese and crumbs onto chicken. Place into pan.Some cheese will fall off into the crackers-just put the cracker/cheese mess on top of the chicken once it is in the pan. Bake uncovered.

Sauce

1 can cream of chicken soup

3T.sour cream

Heat through.  Spoon on chicken to serve.

This can be divided and frozen before baking.

How much milk?

However much it takes ! I think a cup or so is usually good, you don't need to drown them, just get them wet lol

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service