Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3757

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks, Diane.  I just bought some chicken breasts so will try it later this week.  YUM!!

Thank You Diane

Diane I fixed this tonight and boy it is good. My daughter in law thought it was really good. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Glad you liked it!

This works great with chicken tenders too.  I used about half as much cracker and cheese and baked them for 20 minutes.  I also added a little pepper and grated garlic to the crackers.  Yummy.

Hearty Granola Bars

1/2 cup dried cranberries

1/4 cup raisins

1 cup roasted pumpkin seeds

1 1/2 cup crispy rice cereal

2/3 cup light corn syrup

2 1/2 cup quick cooking oats

3/4 cup packed brown sugar

3/4 cup crunchy peanut butter

1 tsp vanilla

Mix cereal, oats cranberries, raisins & pumpkin seeds in a large bowl.

Grease a 9x13 pan with cooking spray

Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat.  Heat just until boiling then remove from heat and stir in peanut butter and vanilla.

Pour mixture over cereal mix and stir until well combined.  Press into the pan using the back of a spoon.  Allow to cool and cut with into bars or shapes.

I almost have all of those ingredients.

Don't know how healthy it is, but they are good!

HOMEMADE PEANUT BUTTER GRANOLA BARS

INGREDIENTS
2 cups quick oats
2 cups Rice Krispies cereal
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup Peanuts
1/4 cup Chocolate Chips
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup peanut butter morsels
1/2 tsp vanilla extract

DIRECTIONS
Line 8×8″ pan with parchment paper leaving excess on each side for lifting
Combine oats, peanuts and Rice Krispies in a large bowl and mix well. Set aside.
Combine peanut butter, honey and brown sugar.
Microwave on high for 1 minute, remove and stir.
Microwave for another minute. Stir in vanilla and stir 30 seconds. Stir in half the chocolate chips and peanut butter chips
Pour microwaved mixture over dry mixture and incorporate evenly.
Pour into prepared pan. Press down to form an even layer.
Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips and peanut butter chips evenly over top.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Remove from pan using parchment paper and cut into squares.

I found that the chips on top did not stay very well.  Next time I make them I might just stir them into the mixture instead.

The is the recipe for the puffed corn snack that I brought to the 2016 IQ retreat in Story City.

PEANUT BUTTER POPCORN

1 cup sugar                                1/2 cup honey

1/2 cup light corn syrup             1 cup peanut butter (chunky or creamy)

1 tsp. vanilla                               2 bags of puffed corn (I use Chester's brand)

Bring to boil sugar, honey and corn syrup.  Boil for 2 minutes.  Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.  Stir until smooth.  Pour over the puffed corn,  Store in air tight containers.

This is a gluten free recipe and is very addictive!!

Baked Pork Chops and Stuffing

Pork Chops (as many as you think you'll need for the number you're feeding) about 1" thick

Stove Top Stuffing mix (one box for each four chops)

Butter, hot water as indicated on the stuffing box

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.  Make up the stuffing according to the directions on the package. I never put the full amount of butter in it and I use the microwave directions. When it's done, fluff it up and put into a casserole dish big enough to hold it and the number of chops you are serving. Season the chops with whatever you enjoy. I used a salt-free seasoning like Mrs. Dash but it was another brand.  Saute them in a little oil until they are nice and brown on both sides but not cooked through. Place the chops on top of the stuffing and cover the dish tightly with foil.

Bake for about 90 minutes but check at 60 minutes to see that the stuffing is not drying out.  If it is, add some hot water or chicken broth (a reduced-sodium cube in some hot water will do) and cover to finish cooking. The chops will be very tender and will have seasoned the stuffing.  All you need now is a salad and veggie to round out the meal (unless your eaters also like rolls or bread/butter). 

You can also do this in a slow cooker (use a liner or spray the inside of the crock) by putting the stuffing in first and chops on top.  It will take about 6 hours on LOW; check to see that the chops are tender and if not, add more time.  

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service