Quilt With Us

I promised this turkey lasagne recipe earlier, so here it is. It's not mine originally. I believe I got it from Jane Quinn's Quilting in the Country site.

GOLDEN TURKEY LASAGNA

1/2 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped green pepper
3T. butter
8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 C. chopped pimientos
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
1/3 C. milk
1 tsp. Basil
8 lasagna noodles
1 1/2 C. cottage cheese
3 C. cubed, left-over turkey
2 C. grated cheddar cheese
1/2 C. Pamesan cheese

Saute onions, mushrooms, and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in pimientos, soup, milk and basil. Heat well.

Arrange 1/2 of the noodles (uncooked) in buttered 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish. Then layer 1/2 of sauce, 1/2 cottage cheese, 1/2 of turkey, 1/2 of cheddar cheese, and 1/2 of Parmesan cheese in the dish. Repeat layers ending with the Parmesan cheese. Add 1/2 C. water around the edges of the dish because of uncooked noodles. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, or until it is bubbly and the noodles are tender. Uncover near the end of the baking time to achieve a nice golden brown.

Views: 3735

Replies to This Discussion

There are lots of Crock Pot Moonshine recipes floating around Old People's Camp.  Now, what does that say about us retirees??  Anyway this is one I made today but can't drink for 30 days ;^(

Lemonade Crock Pot Moonshine

Juice of 6 large lemons (don't try to use RealLemon or frozen juice)

2 cups sugar

6 cups water

2 cups Vodka (or Ever Clear if you want a REALLY strong drink)

Put the lemon juice, sugar and water into a 4.5 or 5 quart crock pot.  Cook on high for 3 hours.  Cool to room temperature before adding the vodka.  If the lemonade is still hot, the alcohol will evaporate.  Stir well and pour into mason jars (what else for moonshine), cap tightly and put into a cool dark place for 30 days.

Here's another one that I made last year

Apple Pie Moonshine

1 gallon apple cider (not apple juice although I'm not sure what the difference is when it's the bottled stuff)

2 whole cinnamon sticks

1 bottle Vodka, .750 Liter

Put the cider and cinnamon sticks into a large crock pot and cook on LOW for 8 hours.  Cool to room temperature and add the vodka.  As with the lemonade recipe, bottle and store for 30 days; longer is even better.  Enjoy hot or cold.

looks like something we would all enjoy at the retreat!

YES....Great Idea!  Wine is so "last year" so Moonshine could be a fun drink!

This is the "Possum Pie" recipe.  It is an Arkansas tradition, a specialty in many restaurants.

POSSUM PIE

1 Graham cracker pie crust  (I used the larger size crust)

2 - 3-oz. pkg cream cheese, softened  (I used one 8-oz. pkg)

1/2 - 3/4 cut powdered sugar  (I used 3/4 cup)

1/4 cup pecans, chopped

1 - small pkg. instant dry chocolate pudding mix

1 - small pkg. instant dry vanilla pudding mix

2 cups milk

1 - 8-oz. tub Cool Whip, thawed

1 cut pecan halves

Beat softened cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth.  Spread cream cheese mixture onto bottom of crust.  Sprinkle with chopped nuts.

In large bowl, beat the pudding mixes with the milk at low speed for 2 minutes.  Pour this over the cream cheese layer in the pie crust.

Cover, and refrigerate 3 - 4 hours.  Top with Cool Whip, then sprinkle with the pecan halves.

ENJOY

Thanks, Jan...YUMMY!  I think I would top it with real whipped cream; it is a lot better than Cool Whip IMHO...richer with more flavor.  This is a keeper....and no possum required!

Karen Gray’s Layered Brownie Bars

Prepare and bake any brownie mix you choose in a 9x13-inch pan, according to the directions. Karen said a good brand of fudge brownie mix is her preference.  I've used Giardelli or Betty Crocker.

While it is baking, measure out:  3 cups Rice Krispies, 2 cups chocolate chips, 1 cup creamy peanut butter.

Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together in the microwave.  Stir to combine.  Pour this mixture over the Rice Krispies in a large bowl and mix well to coat the Krispies.  When the brownies are baked, let them cool a few minutes then pour Krispie mixture over the brownies and pat into an even layer. If the mixture has cooled too much to spread, just give it a few seconds in the microwave but not too long or it will burn.  Let the bars cool. Melt either white or chocolate chips in the microwave and drizzle over the top layer. Let cool completely and cut into bars.

YUM!!

HOT CORN DIP
Prep time:  10 mins
Cook time:  30 mins
Total time:  40 mins
Serves: 8

INGREDIENTS
  • 4-6 oz. cream cheese
  • ½ c. mayonnaise
  • 3 c. corn ( I use fresh sweetcorn)
  • 1 c. grated cheddar cheese (I used co-jack because that is what I had in the fridge)
  • 2 c. grated mozzerella cheese
  • ½ c. grated parmesan cheese
  • ½ t. salt
  • ¼ t. black pepper
  • 5 slices of bacon - cooked and crumbled
  • 2 green onions, sliced
INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a pie pan or loaf pan.
  2. In a large bowl, combine corn, mayonnaise, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese. Stir well until fully combined. Season mixture with salt and pepper.
  3. Add crumbled bacon and green onions. Stir until combined.
  4. Spread the mixture in the prepared dish, and bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
  5. Serve the dip warm from the oven with crackers or tortilla chips.

Recipe credit: TheGinghamApron.com    A family of Iowa farm women who share great recipes and inspirational thoughts

Salted Peanut Chews

1 Pouch Betty Crocker Peanut butter cookie mix (1lb. 1.5 oz)

3 tablespoons vegetable oil

1 tablespoon water

1 egg

3 cups miniature marshmallows

2/3 cup light corn syrup

1/4 cup butter or margarine

2 teaspoons vanilla

1 bag (10 oz) peanut butter chips

2 cups rice crispie cereal

2 cups salted peanuts

Heat oven to 350 F. Spray bottom of 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.

In large bowl, stir cookie mix, oil, water and egg until soft dough forms.  Press dough in pan using floured fingers.

Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until set.  Immediately sprinkle marshmallows over crust, bake 1 to 2 minutes longer or until marshmallows begin to puff.

In 4 quart saucepan, cook corn syrup, butter, vanilla and chips over low heat, stirring  constantly,until chips are melted.  Remove from heat, stir in cereal and nuts.  Immediately spoon cereal mixture evenly over marshmallows.  Refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.

Here is the recipe for the bars I brought to retreat.

It was such a great time seeing everyone and meeting the new retreater's.  Safe travels to everyone

Several of you who attended Diane's noon luncheon prior to our retreat wanted the recipe of the apple dumplings I had shared, so here is the recipe!

APPLE DUMPLINGS

1 pkg. crescent rolls

2 appes, quartered & peeled

1/4 cup butter

3/4 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. cinnamon

6 oz. Mountain Dew

Roll apples in dough and place in 8x8" baking dish or pan.  Mix butter, sugar, cinnamon, and Mountain Dew in a pan.  Bring to a boil and pour over rolls.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  The will be brown.  Yield: 8 desserts.  (I like to have the dumplings a little warm and put ice cream on top...especially Diane's homemade ice cream!)

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service