Quilt With Us

Use the bundle of three (one yard) pieces of fabric you bought from Marcia at the 2016 retreat to construct your quilt.  You are to use only the pattern called "Lover's Lane" (a small postcard pattern by Villa Rosa Designs).  YOU decide how you to place your three fabrics in the design and how you will quilt it.  Please make sure your quilt is the size as listed on the pattern.  (YES- this quilt will be larger than our usual 36"x36" lap robe we've made in the past!)  Do NOT add any additional fabrics on the front (just those three fabrics in your bundle) and use these three fabrics for your binding.  Your backing may be any other fabric you choose or you can be creative by using any of the left over fabric from your bundle as part of your backing!

***Please do not add any embellishments to your quilt as these embellishments may be scratchy or uncomfortable to the resident's delicate skin.  

Here is the pattern:

Have FUN making this super easy quilt top!  It will be interesting to see how different all the completed quilts look when we share them at our 2017 Retreat!  

Views: 272

Replies to This Discussion

Mom, aka, Janice and I will be there some time Thur. Still have not done anything with my B-day block quilt from a few years ago. Might just be working on it at the retreat!

arrgg, haven't done anything about the challenge quilt except find the fabric bundle when it fell on my head while looking for something else. 

Friday lunch here as usual unless you want to change it to Thursday, doesn't matter to me

I think more people will be there on Friday, Diane...just my observation.  We could have people chime in re: when they plan to arrive that week-end and see what the count is.  Marcia...can we start a new discussion board for the 2017 Retreat?

Ummm  not sure mine is going to make it retreat.

Evidently, while I was hurrying to piece it I got VERY CONFUSED!

There are several blocks that are not turned the correct way.  Don't know why they didn't stick out yesterday.....before it was quilted.   Lets, just say that it is very Amish..... many humility blocks in this bad boy.

No more piecing while I am distracted.

Can't wait to see it!

Well, Deb- if it's any consolation to you:  I quilted feathers for the very FIRST TIME on my "Unchallenge Quilt"....and yep- it looks like a first timer did the quilting!!!  :/  

BUT.....as Terry Atkinson says at her classes: "DONE IS GOOD!"

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service