Quilt With Us

It's been so nice to finally have some rain in western Kansas. Now if it would just warm up, things would start to turn green. Let's shower this site with photos of finished UFO's this month!

1. Bind 2016 $5 Quilt

2. Blocks 2&3 2017 $5 quilt

3. Finish borders 2013 Mystery Quilt

4. Quilt and bind Row Robin #1 "Summertime" (2014)

5. Finish Windowpanes (2016)

6. Do more cutting on Sticks and Stones (2017)

7. Set together tulip swap blocks wall hanging (2012)

I had finish 4th Quilt for Kids on my list.....finished it yesterday....pictures are in the March discussion.

Views: 54

Replies to This Discussion

Mine are on hold right now as my hubby suffered a mini stroke last Friday.  He is in therapy now for left-sided weakness.  Need to concentrate on him then I can sew when he gets home.

Oh no Donna! i hope he is okay and has a speedy recovery. Yes, focus on him.

So sorry to hear that Donna....thoughts and prayers to both of you.

Thank you everyone.  He is getting better and will be coming home next week.  Just so much to do before then. 

I hope everything is going well for your husband and your family, Donna!

I haven't made a list yet this month but I did finish one older UFO, from 2012 or 2013 and one from last year already this month so I am doing great for me. I hope to finish one more quilt and get another into a top, at lest, before the end of April.

1. Blue birthday swap stars (finish this quilt, hopefully.)

2. Purple grandmother's choice into a top

3. finish needle point whale 

4. Dream Garden progress!!!

I forgot to say what I was going to finish and April is already half over. I am going to finish my Crabapple Hill sewing machine embroidery wall hanging.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!  We spent the morning at my daughter's house.  She made brunch and then the kids had their Easter Egg Hunt.  It was a wonderful relaxing day for us.

Thank  you everyone!  Hubby is home now and is doing a lot better and is learning  how to control his diabetes.  Still a few weeks of therapy ahead but he is going to be just fine.  Me, now that the holiday is over I can concentrate on catching up on my sewing, hopefully!  No list for me at this moment, just everything in my closet!  :D  No, seriously, I need to work on the dragon quilt for my grandson and play catch up with a few BOMs.  

Chat later!

I quite honestly haven't tackled a UFO list for the last several months.  Since my husband's passing, have tackled the piles of stuff he left behind.  This included the stacks of whatever that were piled next to the house outside.  Have 95% of it gone most of which went to the dump.  The family friend who helped me with this project took what he could use, another family friend left his trailer for me which was filled twice.  What was recyclable was his and the rest went to the dump.  Am planning to sell my home in approx. 3-4 years and join my youngest daughter in Spokane Valley.  Have completed BOM and QOV projects though, have sorted thru all the plastic bags that had projects/puchased fabric and put in see-thru plastic storage boxes so that I can see what I've got some of which had been truly forgotten.  Have completed one high school graduation quilt but have 3 more to finish in the next two years - one of them is a GFG which is ready for hand-quilting and the other two have at least half of the blocks completed - need to get a move on with them.

Sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Sounds like you have had quite a chore.....that has to be hard to do. My husband has a whole garage full of stuff for someone to get rid of someday. Of course, I have a house full also! Glad to hear you have completed some projects too. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Connie - have made progress on log cabin blocks.  I make these when I need to sew something but don't want to do anything major or cannot decide what I want to work on.  Mine are scrappy and anything goes.  Have at least 40 almost done - one more dark strip and they'll be ready to make a top.  This on top of those all ready done.

Good for you......progress is always good. I have a leaders and enders project that I sew 1 and1/2" squares together to create 9 patches when I want to sew, but don't want to tackle anything I have to think about what I'm doing. I bought a smaller machine to take to retreats so I don't have to lug my big one around. Yesterday I got it out to play with before I take it to retreat next weekend, so that's what I did....sewed little squares together. They sure pile up faster that way than doing the leaders and enders during another project.

RSS

Introducing Country Inn Fabrics

New & Exclusive! Country Inn Fabric Collection just $5.96/yard Shop now »

Introducing Cottage Grove Fabrics

New & Exclusive! Cottage Grove Fabric Collection just $5.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2017   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service