Quilt With Us

It's been so nice to finally have some rain in western Kansas. Now if it would just warm up, things would start to turn green. Let's shower this site with photos of finished UFO's this month!

1. Bind 2016 $5 Quilt

2. Blocks 2&3 2017 $5 quilt

3. Finish borders 2013 Mystery Quilt

4. Quilt and bind Row Robin #1 "Summertime" (2014)

5. Finish Windowpanes (2016)

6. Do more cutting on Sticks and Stones (2017)

7. Set together tulip swap blocks wall hanging (2012)

I had finish 4th Quilt for Kids on my list.....finished it yesterday....pictures are in the March discussion.

Views: 101

Replies to This Discussion

Good for you......progress is always good. I have a leaders and enders project that I sew 1 and1/2" squares together to create 9 patches when I want to sew, but don't want to tackle anything I have to think about what I'm doing. I bought a smaller machine to take to retreats so I don't have to lug my big one around. Yesterday I got it out to play with before I take it to retreat next weekend, so that's what I did....sewed little squares together. They sure pile up faster that way than doing the leaders and enders during another project.

I feel like I made progress in April even though I didn't complete my list.

2. Blocks 2&3 2017 $5 Quilt..done

3. Borders 2013 Mystery Quilt.....done and the quilter has returned it to me already

6. Sticks and Stones....finished cutting and have the pieces made

7. Tulip swap blocks wall hanging....done

1,4 and 5....not worked on

I also copied the templates for 15 paper pieced stars.

So pretty and cheerful. It looks great!

Bright and sunny like a spring day!  Love it!

Hello Everyone!  I haven't done any quilting or sewing for the past month.  Hubby had a mini stroke at the end of March and I have been keeping busy with him, keeping appts, making sure he is eating properly, picking up grandkids from school, etc.  Thankfully, he is on the mend and no longer needs therapy, but still cannot drive, and tires easily in the afternoons.   

I am just now getting back to my sewing now that I know he is going to be okay.  I have a lot of catching up to do and many projects to work on.  I was going to do a sale with a friend of mine in April but that got pushed to the side with hubby, and now I have a huge bin full of fabric that needs to find a new home.  I plan to take it to the guild next week, put a sign on it, Free to Good Home, and let them take what they want.  The rest will go to the guild.  Don't worry, it didn't make a dent in my stash at all!

On a lighter side, my granddaughter, Annalee aged 4, has been coming over after preschool and I have been teaching her how to sew.   She will be 5 in a few days and I bought her the Sew Cool Toy Sewing Machine for her birthday.  She's not quite ready for a real machine yet, but when she is a little older, then she can use one of mine.  We made a doll together yesterday, she put the stuffing in and colored the face in.  She took it home before I had a chance to get a picture of it.  We also made a table runner together back in March, she even got to help use the machine (pushing the start and stop button) and cutting the threads.  She loves coming over and helping me and I truly enjoy our time together!  Here is a picture of her.  

Sorry this is so long, thank you for letting me share.  

She's a doll and lucky to have a grandma to teach her to sew. Glad to hear your hubby is better and that you have time for yourself to sew a little again.

RSS

Introducing Country Inn Fabrics

New & Exclusive! Belle Reverie Fabric Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Introducing Autumn Lane Fabrics

New & Exclusive! Autumn Lane Fabric Collection just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2017   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service