Quilt With Us

For my sins (that of not keeping my mouth shut when the election was due), I am President of the Kountry Quilters Guild for the 2014-2015 fiscal year.  The guild has a tradition of "President's Projects" every year, so I had to come up with something.  When I found this mystery quilt, I decided that would be the perfect project for our tiny little guild to do, since it only needed four fabrics and three months to complete.  I have to say, it was fun.  I used fabrics from Connecting Threads "Hometown Summer" line, other members used different fabrics.  It's fun to see how different people, using the same pattern, come out with such different quilts.  Sometimes, it's really hard to believe it's the exact same pattern.  I plan to use mine as a Quilt of Valor for our guild's annual presentation to wounded warriors at our local Veterans Administration hospital.  This will be our 7th annual presentation, and we really enjoy giving a quilt to a soldier and watching their faces light up--and sometimes tear up.  I wish I could attach photos of our quilts, but my computer doesn't get along with my digital camera and I've not yet managed to bully it into accepting photos.

Views: 115

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service