Quilt With Us

Add your photos of your fabric selections to share with everyone. Then as we progress week to week you can add photos of your progress. It's fun to see what everyone's blocks look like as we go. Then finally, the big reveal. We'll see what the completed Mystery Quilts transpired to be.

Views: 73110

Replies to This Discussion

Love it!!!

Well this is my project 1 and it is finally done.  I just stuck them on the design wall to take a pic.  Now I have finished week 2 on the 2nd project.  I just added them to the wall with the first project.

Like!

they look great gayle!!!

they look really pretty. y

I like both combinations - they'll look great!

Everyone's blocks look great.

Hello everyone. I am enjoying reading everyone's comments and seeing the photos of your progress.

As far as the discussions on methods to make Flying Geese. There are several methods and tools. As we discussed in last year's quilt along, it is a great idea to try different techniques and rulers to see which works best for you, the goals being ease and precision. The CT website has a few tutorials on different ways to make Flying Geese to help you learn more.

Just keep chatting and sewing... The mystery  will be solved on Monday!

I will admit that when I saw this method for flying geese, I wasn't impressed and thought about doing it the way I was taught.  But I saw someone's post about going ahead and trying something new.  So that's what I did and am so happy I tried it, they were my best fg ever, thanks

I'm glad I tried it too but still tend to go to the traditional method as my standard.

I had never tried this method before...going to reserve judgement until I try this method a few more times.  I did find it to be quick and precise, but doing the math to create my own patterns would most likely send me back to a more traditional method~unless~ there is already a chart out there somewhere for me to cheat.  ;-)

I too prefer this new method, I feel like mine came out much more precise. Thanks Ann

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service