Quilt With Us

WOW! It is already time for the second installment of  Mystery Quilt 2014.

You can download Part 2 PDF here: Mystery Quilt 2014 - Part 2

Please note there are additional instructional PDFs, Part 1 Notes and Part 2 Notes, with detailed information and photos for techniques used each pattern installment. Featured in Part 2 and Part 2 Notes is a different way to make HSTs that may appeal to you!

Mystery Quilt 2014 Quick Links:
Fabric Selection Suggestions PDF will help with choosing fabrics.
Part 1 PDF is the first pattern installment.
Part 1 Notes PDF provides additional instruction and photos for Part 1.
Part 2 PDF is the second pattern installment.
Part 2 Notes PDF provides additional instruction and photos for Part 2.

Comments and Questions
Due to the large group and short-term nature of this quilt along, it is important that comments and questions are posted on the Comment Wall and not the Discussion Forum.  

Not Yet a Member?
Mystery Quilt 2014 Quilt Along is growing with over 325 members! If you are not yet a member, it is not too late to join and follow the lively questions and comments of the eager, chatty, and supportive group. Members are also starting to post their photos. Please join us in the fun!

Mystery Quilt 2014 - Part 3 Comes Next Week!
The Mystery Quilt 2014 - Part 3 will be posted next Wednesday, April 2nd. The mystery of the quilt’s design will be unveiled and quilt along members will discover what they have been making! There will be a Photo Page up and running by the time Part 3 is posted so finished quilt photos can go there and not on the Comment Wall. That way, those who are not finished can continue to work without knowing the final design.

Mystery Quilt 2014 - Conclusion
The last quilt along blog posting will be on Wednesday, April 9th. However, people will still be able to join and add comments/questions for many months after that.

Views: 3230

Replies to This Discussion

I am confused about which way to press the seams on the Part 2, step 6...the notes say to press the HST seam away from the background fabric...wouldn't that be to press towards the F, rather than press towards the J???

I just noticed this group but every time I try to download Part 2 I get Part 1 again.  Anyone else have this problem?

Hi Florence -Were able to download Part 2 okay yet? When I click on either of the Part 2 PDF links above it seems to work. You can also try the Quick Links section on the Mystery Quilt 2014 group page. Please let me know if you continue to have a problem.

OK, I deleted  my download  for Part 1 then I was able to get it.  Thank you.

Sorry I missed your question here... Yes, you press to F which is the background.  The Notes say that in Part 1, Step 5 to press away from the background but in Part 2, Step 6 to press to the background so the HSTs will nest later.  I hesitated to say the lighter fabric in case someone switched the colors values and had dark background. Hope you were able to figure it out okay.

Sweet and Lovely

New & Exclusive! Sweet and Lovely Collection just $7.96/yard Shop now »

Glacier Peak

New & Exclusive! Glacier Peak Collection just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2018   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service