Quilt With Us

I thought it would be a good idea to start listing the various types of paper that people use when they are paper piecing. 

Personally I prefer newsprint over anything else.  I bought a case from www.dickblick.com for a very reasonable amount and had it shipped right straight to my door.  It is 8-1/2" x 11" and runs right through my printer like a dream.

Views: 1878

Replies to This Discussion

Janet, thanks so much for the link. They have reams of 8-1/2x11 newsprint for $3.45 each - I just ordered 3. I've been looking for a newsprint source for days! I've been using the Carol Doak paper, but it's very hard to remove, especially on small pieces and the price is high. Until your posting, I'd only been able to find larger sheets that I would have to cut down. THANK YOU!

There are tablets of news print quality paper available at such places s Wal Mart. I think they refer to them as scribble pads marketed for children.
Be careful about the paper you use as I destroyed a printer using stuff ???paper.. That I bought at a quilt show. Sometimes, I use common printer paper.
Thanks for the information, I didn't know about news print paper, will order some, until now I have only used printing paper and Carol Doak paper.

You are welcome Laura.  I believe Carol Doak's paper is newsprint, but just much more expensive. 

RSS

Sweet and Lovely

New & Exclusive! Sweet and Lovely Collection just $7.96/yard Shop now »

Glacier Peak

New & Exclusive! Glacier Peak Collection just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2018   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service