Quilt With Us

Post your helps, hints, questions, and photos for blocks 1 & 2 here.

Find more photos like this on Quilt With Us

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

Vicki: English Paper Piecing is a total by hand project! No sewing machine required, unless you want to use one at the very-very end.
Hi, I know that english paper piecing is done by hand.. i really like to do it, more then using the sewing machine.. so i wondered if i could do this project all by hand.. with the english paper piecing?
You should be able to. But it might entail drafting and making your own "papers" for each of the different size rectangles, squares, etc. If that is the case, it might be just as easy to make templates and mark fabric for hand sewing.
What is english paper piecing? I can not imagine doing this quilt by hand. I am not a "by hand" sewer. Is english paper piecing different than just paper piecing? Boy, sounds like a lot of work. That would be something to really be proud of!
Jacolyn
Basically in English Paper Piecing (EPP) you make a paper template for each pattern piece. You then cut your fabric at least 1/4" larger than the the template. You then hand baste the fabric onto the paper template. Then, depending on the pattern, you sew of whip stitch the pieces together. The most common traditional patterns using EPP has been hexagons, pentagons, 60 degree diamonds (Tumbling blocks), among others. Once the top is made, the basting stitches can be removed and the papers removed. Check out the EPP site on Quilt With Us, and also check out the tutorial on this site.
--Paper Piecing, or Paper Foundation piecing is when you sew the fabric to the paper foundation to create your block.
Here are my blocks #1 and #2. I love these stars. They are magnificent. Thanks Paula for such a nice pattern.
Attachments:
Good job Gayle. It will be interesting to see all the different combinations made with just the fabrics from the kit.
Hi Gayle - love your colors. Can't wait to see the finished quilt! Barb
Wow! Everyone's blocks look great. I just ordered my kit yesterday and now I just can't wait to get it. In the meantime, I have 7 quilts that need quilting, so I am going to try to get them all done before my kit comes in. I finished one yesterday and one today. Tomorrow I will get 2 small ones done. This is a good challenge for me.

Jane

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service