Quilt With Us

Post photos, suggestions, and ideas for blocks 3 & 4 here.

Find more photos like this on Quilt With Us

Views: 36

Replies to This Discussion

Hi everyone,
Just one helpful hint for blocks 3 & 4: When making the pinwheel centers (This is step #5 on block 3, and step #4 on block 4) the individual half-square triangle units should each measure 2-1/4" before you sew them together to make the 4" pinwheel.
Looks like many of us have a good start on these blocks. What I really like about quilting is being able to choose my own fabric/color combinations. A quilt group I belong to has been doing a mystery quilt every year, and then we hang them all together at our show. It is always amazing how different all the quilts look even though we all used the same pattern.
Thanks Kristin for getting these blocks together so soon.
Hi. Again, we agree. Not only do I enjoy putting together fabric choices, but I have so much sitting on my shelves that I always have some to use, maybe then add some neutrals, then of course batting and backing. Either way, I love seeing everyone's blocks no matter what fabric we're using. I can't wait til June so we can see how it all goes together...well, I can wait until June...by then I'll be working 7 days a week and won't have time to quilt! I hope not...Barb
Kristin, You have been busy keeping up with us. Thanks for posting the new pictures.
I like seeing all four blocks together for everyone.
Hi girl, love your blocks!! They are so pretty. I've never worked with pastels, but may have to think about a project these are lovely. Good job!!
Thank you! I think I need to retake these pics since the background fabric looks pink in the 2nd one & it's white-on-white! These fabrics are very shiny with pearlesque & are very difficult to photograph at night with a flash. I just couldn't wait to put them up! LOL

Here they are again... came out better this time with sunshine for light!
I LOVE these colors. Nice job!! Anything pink catches my eye.
Lana
I feel like you do. As soon as I got finished with 3 and 4 I went for the camera. Mine look dirty in the pic but they are not. I think it is just the lighting downstairs on my design wall. Civil war fabrics are not as bright as other fabrics but I love the combinations. I am easily going to use more than 12 different materials. I want to fit all of the ones I have in the blocks somewhere. I'm enjoying this so much.
Here are my 3rd and 4th. I like the ones I've seen so far.
Attachments:
Nancy your blocks are beautiful. I love your fabric choices!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service