Quilt With Us

Does anyone here participate in any BOM's, either online, through a guild, or through a quilt shop? I belong to a small group that meets at a local quilt shop, and we are currently working on the BOM "Queen & Her Court". We have finished 3 blocks and just got block #4 last night.

Views: 48

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Marjorie,
I am doing receiving this BOM from Homestead Hearth in the blue colorway.

I've been stacking them up and marking what month they arrive and will get around to them someday! LOL
I enjoy the BOM's that Homestead Hearth does. They aren't so expensive as some of the others.

I love the one you are doing! That is so pretty.
Becky
PS the hotlink is not coming through.....it is Carrie Hall's Sampler at homesteadhearth.com/programs
Hi Becky,
I know what you mean about getting the BOM's and saving them. I have one that I got from Keepsake Quiling ("Womens Voices" I think) and another one that I got from The Cherry Pit in Sevierville, TN that I have been saving for __ years now. I tell everyone that those will be my retirement projects when I retire in about 20 years...in case I can't afford fabric on Social Security! LOL.

I have purchased 2 of the blocks from "Patchwork Party"....you get one block from 12 different participating quilt shops online....each block with pattern and fabric is only $7 each (and that includes shipping) and each shop includes a charm from their shop. Later you can purchase the finishing kits...but still, $7 per block is a great price. check out www.patchworkparty2009.com
How cool! I will check it out.

That is how some quilt shops in our state handle a Shop Hop in the Fall. Each shop offers a block w/ fabric for $6-7 and a charm. I also have 2 sets of those in the "waiting to be done" pile! :)
I am new to quilting. What is a BOM?
It is a Block of the Month. Depending on how the prgram is being run, you may get just that month's block pattern, or the block pattern with the fabric included to make the block. Once all the blocks are completed, there is usually a "finishing kit" that includes pattern and fabrics for borders. They are alot of fun...and many BOM's will have different techniques used with each block, so they can be a real learning experience.
I have done a few in the past, but have 3 coming in now. I haven't started 2 of them, but am up to date on the 3rd. I'm enlarging that one and have ordered the extra fabric. I think I got enough!
Hey all, I have never done a BOM but have wanted to do one for a while....I found one online that is a Debbie Mumm design, free patterns from a site run by Joann's fabrics(I think)..really cute fall type designs and colors...you can order a kit or just do your own....right now, money wise, it might be better for some to use some stash...anyway, just thought you'd like to know.....
The Keepsake Quilting Baltimore Halloween BOM is really tempting me but I'm afraid it would be like the rest of yours and sitting there waiting for me to have time to sew it. As it is all applique I don't know that it would be the best retirement project since by then the sight may be failing and the arthritis setting in hmmmmm I'll have to think about this one.
I did a $5 Quilt Club last year at Asheville Cotton Company & am starting this years. Our first month got snowed out so we were able to just pick up our block later. All you do is show up the first time, sit through their show & tell, then pay $5 for the supplies for the colorway of your choice. Make the block and bring it to the next month's meeting and you get the next block free. If you show up for all 12 months you can have a quilt top for $5. Last year's was a star sampler in either brights or Christmas colors. This year is a WNC sampler in traditional fall fabrics or batiks. I have a coworker trying it with me this year :)
I joined the Civil War Tribute last year through Somewhere Sewing but because of work never got to the meetings and just bought them. My quilt shop in FL did one where you had to finish a block and bring in on a certain day to get your next one- the finished project is in my pictures ( the house quilt). Also bought some through JoAnns but worked on them at a later time.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service