Quilt With Us

Views: 90

Replies to This Discussion

Unfortunately when I put the photos in my previous post, I neglected to leave space for my own comments.  This quilt (one more photo attached here as well) is called Celtic Cobblestones.  It took me the better part of a year to do this quilt - lots of planning, lots of experiments, lots of learning, and then there were the trips to visit our kids and some vacation time in between.  It was earmarked as a quilt for an experienced/advanced quilter.  I decided to take the plunge and go for it.  There were many times that I wished I hadn't started.  But, in the end, I'm happy with the overall product.  This quilt was done as a kind of 'quilt as you go'; after the basic blocks were built, I sewed them together in their rows, then sewed sets of rows together (2,2,3) and quilted each set on my domestic machine, then sewed the sets together.  The cobblestone blocks are done with a simple stitch in the ditch.  Close-up pictures show the different styles of quilting.  Then I built the borders with cornerstone blocks (not exactly what the pattern showed, but the easiest way to do them for me).  Once the borders were built, I quilted them and then sewed the borders on.  After sewing the sets together, and again as the borders were added, I hand-sewed the backing together.  Eventually the binding went on, and voila - a quilt for our bed!

It is lovely.  You were smart to keep at it; it is an unusual pattern but very nice.

I love your beautiful quilt!  You did an excellent job. It is a real heirloom and you should be justifyably proud of your accomplishment.

Nicely done!

it's great. love the celtic knots.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service