Quilt With Us

Baking mix is the trick. You can use about any filling. I made three different kinds.

You start out with mashed potatoes leftover or even from a box.... you are busy quilting all day... who has time.... lol.. Fillings... sloppy joe,,, taco filling, boneless hot wing chicken, chicken fiesta, anything your family likes... and baking mix... Here is goes... I hope you like it...

Make up mashed potatoes  at least 2 cups for one pie... or use leftover ones..

Spray pie pan with non stick spray..

put mashed potatoes in pie pan and spread to cover bottom.

Use   2 cups of leftover filling such as sloppy joe,  or taco filling, or chunky soup ie. like sirlion burger,   or cooked chicken chunks tossed in hot sauce, etc... you experiment.... pour  filling over mashed potatoes, spread to cover potatoes, it should be pretty chunky not runny.

Mix up 1 cup baking mix... ie Bisquick.. Jiffy....  with 4 eggs, and 1 and 1/2 cups milk. Stir well. You may add shredded cheese if you would like.. Pour over filled pie leaving some space but covering all of filling. When I do this it covers two pies... my family loves this so we go through two at a time... Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 30 to 35 minutes until top spring back  your oven may be different this is approximate time.. and is not liquidy in the middle... May be made in a 13 X 9 pan but you have to double the recipe.

Views: 73

Replies to This Discussion

Try  it on a busy day.. tell me how you like it... what filling your used... how your family reacted..... I would love to know.... blessings and happy quilting... deb

what a good way to use up leftovers and make a hot meal, thanks, will try this.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service