Quilt With Us

Sign-up by April 20
Block to partner by May1
Completed and back to sistah by June. 15

What: one block, any size unfinished. Send to assigned sistah. She can make anything she wants from it and then send it back.

One more note, take aphoto of the block you receive, then a photo of the completed project. When everyone has theirs back, post the before and after pictures. Let's not post photos until AFTER we are finished and have sent the projects back to each other. Okay to post 'teasers' though. (partial pictures of a tiny area, words to confuse, etc.)
.So, put those thinking caps on, start thumbing through magazines, surf the quilty posting sites and come up with some ideas.

SISTAH'S PARTICIPATING:

Cindy
Pam
Sandy
Gina
Sheila/AR
Martha
Aida
Gayle

SISTAHS TO EXCHANGE WITH EACH OTHER

Sheila/AR. and. Gina
Gayle. and. Martha
Aida. and. Sandy
Pam. and. Cindy

Mail the block of your choice to your partner by May 1. If you wish you can include extra fabric that is in the block. Please remember to take apicture of the block you receive, then another of what you have created from it. You have until June 15 to finish and mailed back. If any of you need your sistahs address, you can send her a private message. Any questions, just ask.

Only rule is HAVE FUN & BE CREATIVE!

Views: 322

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in...should be fun! thanks Cindy for planning this!

Sounds fun to me, count me in!! Thanks Cindy

I am in. It sounds like fun!!!

Way to go, count me in!

Will add your names as soon as I have access on my computer again. Phone won't let me get to everything. Whooohooo! so glad to see you all signing up!

Sign me up also.  I think this will be fun although I hope no one is expecting perfection. LOL  I will be trying to figure out what to do and how to do it in the meantime.

Okay everyone, your partner is posted above. The two of you will be working on each other's block. After you have exchanged blocks, you will be able to get some ideas what you can make from it. No rules as to what you can do with it.

Cindy, I will need your address...gnieman@twcny.rr.com

Should be fun!!!!

You bet, Sandy!  I'm on pins and needles - get it "pins and needles".

Awww, I was thinking that the sistah who received the block would finish it and then keep it.

Everyone will get back their original block made into something. Matters not what you make. This way you can get.an orphan block, a new block or that block that just didn't go quite right due to color, size whatever, out of your stash. and receive an amazing, gorgeous completed project back.

Hope this helps if there are any others that I confused. I have done this type of swap/challenge in the past. There were so many fabulous finishes it was mind boggling to see what was made from some very humble blocks.
Hey Pam, just received your block in today's mail. Wheee. Have it hanging where I can see it so inspiration can strike! Fun, fun, fun.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service