Quilt With Us

I don't know about the rest of you scrap savers, but I have a hard time throwing away those small triangles that are cut off from making flying geese, snowballs, etc.  I need to do something with them, and so I thought a challenge would give me an opportunity to clean out (or at least put a dent in) my triangle scrap drawer.

Here are the guidelines for the Summer 2010 Triangle Challenge:

1)  The quilt must be made primarily out of triangles, half-square, quarter square, Triangle in a square, etc.
2)  The triangles can be any size and can be various sizes.
3)  Use at least four or more colors. (Remember, we are supposed to be using up our scraps!)
4)  You can use any design or setting, as long as the pieces are made up primarily of triangles.
5)   Finished quilt must measure 36 x 36 or larger.

6)  Post a picture of your finished quilt by September 30, 2010.
7)  Have fun and use up those triangles!

One person will be chosen at random from those who have completed their triangle challenge to receive a gift.

Start: Now!
Finish: September 30, 2010.

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

I've been saving tiny HST from projects and have a shoebox full. Perhaps I'll toss these in my bag to take to retreat to work on along with the 200 other projects I think I'll get done in 3 1/2 days of quilting. :-)
Sounds like a something I'd be interested in. I was just wondering myself about what to do with my triangles as they are accumulating faster than my squares and rectangles. This idea is perfect.
I am in. Not saying I will get it finished,, quilted that is, but think I can at least get a top done. 3 squares have been made, and numerous more are ready to go. Should get rid of quite a few 1/2 squares.
After checking out how "small" my triangles are, I changed the size to a 36" square. Of course, the end product can always be larger.

I am still mentally imagining my end result.
CatLady,,, my 1/2 squares are finishing up 1 1/4. I got sidetracked looking at a book,,, thought about another setting and block,,, stitched up 3 of them,, they look good, but not as good as the first 3. So I am back to square one. Never know till you try. Good thing I don't mind reverse stitching. LOL
I am glad to know I am not the only one that does that. lol
I am not sure if I am ready to take up the challenge but maybe I can have something done with them before the end of summer.
I have a neat pattern that I've been itching to try - lots of triangles in it, so - I'm In!
Well, I've changed my mind on that pattern - I have a WIP from a recent class that is primarily HST's and I'll work on that.
Body, borders, and corner pieces finished.
Sounds good Cheri. I am still in the mental part of my project. Guess I had better stop thinking and get to work.
Borders are on - I'm considering another border to give this a more finished look.
Well, I have finished 21 blocks,,, 4 1/2 inch finished,,, now to figure out if I want to do some more or just work with these,,, actually I would use 20 of the blocks. Decisions, decisions. Good thing I have time!!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service