Quilt With Us

I don't know about the rest of you scrap savers, but I have a hard time throwing away those small triangles that are cut off from making flying geese, snowballs, etc.  I need to do something with them, and so I thought a challenge would give me an opportunity to clean out (or at least put a dent in) my triangle scrap drawer.

Here are the guidelines for the Summer 2010 Triangle Challenge:

1)  The quilt must be made primarily out of triangles, half-square, quarter square, Triangle in a square, etc.
2)  The triangles can be any size and can be various sizes.
3)  Use at least four or more colors. (Remember, we are supposed to be using up our scraps!)
4)  You can use any design or setting, as long as the pieces are made up primarily of triangles.
5)   Finished quilt must measure 36 x 36 or larger.

6)  Post a picture of your finished quilt by September 30, 2010.
7)  Have fun and use up those triangles!

One person will be chosen at random from those who have completed their triangle challenge to receive a gift.

Start: Now!
Finish: September 30, 2010.

Views: 45

Replies to This Discussion

Lynn, what a lovely job. Were all of your triangles the same size or did you cut them into the same size? On mine, I couldn't bear to cut back on any of the larger ones.
Myrna,,, my triangles were the same size. They were leftovers from a scrappy 9-patch/Snowball quilt. Which is still waiting to be quilted. I have a huge amount of other triangles, and my brain is just flying with what I can do with them. Thanks for the comment on my quilt.
I've e-mailed a photo of my quilt top. Now I'm waiting for it to show up on my page.
Wow! Cheri, I love the friendship stars and your outer border. Great job on using those triangles.
Cheri,,, love your quilt. Great job,, more inspiration for 1/2 sq triangles!!
My challenge quilt top is in the "Challenge Quilts" slideshow! - Also on my page.
Here is a pic of my unfinished top. Unfortunately I ran out of thread in the middle of quilting it. I should be finished it today.

Looks good Char.
Char love the plaid that pops up. Nice job.
I have Lynne, Cheri, Myrna and Char on my list of those that have pictures of their quilts.

Have any of the rest of you finished but not yet posted a photo?

Believe it or not, this was my challenge and I never even got started! Life just gets in the way sometimes.
Well it's finally quilted. I will be sewing the binding down tomorrow as I watch the Phillies and the Eagles!

Hi everyone.
Just want to let you know I have not forgotten this challenge, and those of you who have finished it. I have been out of state with my mother while she had some surgery done. Once I get caught us on life here at home, I will be back in touch with you.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2021   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service