Quilt With Us

Week 4 is live! 

This week I reviewed and video demo's two different tools that give you various star block options.  Then I give you links for free patterns.  And finally, inspiration!  Quilt layouts that show how you can use star blocks, and the EQ files to go with them.

If you haven't done this already, and you're looking for more star inspiration, take a look at the Star Quilts here on QWU - from members that have posted photos - incredible!  Here's the last quilt I made for myself with star blocks.  It was a mystery quilt class that featured stars, but I ended up designing my own quilt and used the star blocks as the outer border.  Fun!

Of course, there are so many fabulous books and patterns out there that feature stars.  Look through your own library to find your next star quilt, or design your own!

Views: 46

Replies to This Discussion

If you read this post on Monday morning, you might have noticed that I made a mistake (thanks Cat Lady, for catching it!). I said the videos were for flying geese - wrong! They are for various star point shapes. Sorry about that! I fixed my text mid day on Monday.
Thank you for the Demos Karen.

I really like the Tri-Recs™ Tools, http://www.connectingthreads.com/tools/Tri-Recs_Tools_____________D... and highly recommend this tool.

There are a lot of blocks that call for the "Triangle in a Square," and the Tri-Recs™ Tools allows me to make accurate blocks in many different sizes, from 1" up to 6" (I also have the Quilt-In-A-Day® Triangle in a Square Rulers, but am limited to making either a 3" or 4" block as those are the only two sizes it was designed to make.)

My quilt "Star Dance" was made using the Tri-Recs™ Tools, and as you can see, I was making a lot of Triangle in a Square blocks for this quilt. (You can click on the picture to make it larger.)

Thanks for a great review Cat Lady! Your quilt is beautiful! Great way to use these tools!
wow! Beautiful!!! Keep up the great work!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service