Quilt With Us

Please list here any and all techniques you would like to learn.  Together we will play, get messy, and create some beautiful, unusual pieces of art.  I'll go first....join in!

Paint pouring on fabric

Working with sheers

adding mirrors to an art piece

Fabric shredding/slashing/reverse applique

Confetti Quilts

Sashiko

Workouts with thread weights

Bobbin work

water soluble thread

ghost quilting

fabric embellishments - flowers, beads, orgami

Playing with Fire

Collage Quilts

Views: 125

Replies to This Discussion

I am intrigued with shredding fabric technique, not sure how its different from confetti though

It's very different.  I will add both to the list.  THANKs

I am not sure if this is a technique that's for on here but I am determined to learn how to use my overlocker this year.

Had it for 4 years in April and never plugged it in.

Also want to have a look at big stitch quilting and Saishko.

Hi Linda.  We can explore sashiko.  The serger isn't within the guidelines for this group.  You can look on facebook or here on quilting with us to see if there is a group that can get you started and help with any questions you have along the way.  I will add sashiko to our list.  Thanks

maybe we can pick one to start and then post in other groups- are you okay if I post in some of my quilting facebook pages?

Yes, please feel free to post wherever you like.  So far you and I seem to be the only ones ready to get something going....lets give others another week to respond.  To start 2019 off let's explore fabric shredding.  To start, please upload a picture of the finished project that got you interested in this technique.  I want to be sure I am on the same page as you.  Thanks, Brenda

I ask this because in my mind I am thinking of fabric slashing.....just want to make sure it's what you are thinking about.  Here is an example.....

I made a small hanging using what I thought was reverse applique, photo is in my photos on here, taking six layers of  6 squares machine stitching circles then cutting off some layers and sewing together. Is this slashing the same idea. I am willing to work alongside you 2and try things, I have used Sisha mirrors before but a good while ago.

Stitch and Slash is a type of reverse applique...take a look at this link for a description.

https://sewguide.com/reverse-applique-tutorial/

I tried to fabric slashing and it went ok but it was very thick and couldn't figure out how to insert it in my piece , so ended up  taking it apart and keeping the idea of it but used steam a seem lite 2  to attach the pieces. I don't have a photo of the original. Is it better to make the fabric slashing  just one piece?

Attachments:

I have added a new link for the first exploration.....we will use this link to add techniques we wish to try...

I will try to play along as well. Somehow I wasn't getting noticed of activity. I've corrected that now. I told everyone that I have to get some time to sew/quilt. Am getting burned out and need time for me to relax and recharge. 

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2019   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service