Quilt With Us

Christmas Theme

Thread Painted

Art Quilt

Starts NOW

Must be mailed by December 10th.

This is to be an exercise in Photo transferring and Thread Painting into an Art Quilt.

Take a photo of your choice, make sure you have the okay to use it, put it onto a transfer sheet or printable fabric, A4 or 8 X 11, the rest is up to you.

Views: 788

Replies to This Discussion

I scanned the wonderful thread painting Denise did for me. Hopefully it shows up, although I do have to say that the scan just doesn't do it justice! Yes Denise, I love those InkTense pencils too. Purchased the 32 pencil set and the sticks. Both work wonderfully!

Here's what Denise sent me and she even put a hanging sleeve on the back! LOVE it!!

Thank you so much Terri, I am soooo glad you like it.

Clever girl Denise - love the binding too.

Lovely bauble Denise.I must do more with the pencils too.

Denise - lovely TP you have done a great job. I must get back into it after Christmas when I have more time.

Are we going to see a slide show of all the finished thread painted pictures? Would love to see what everyone did. Hope all had a very Merry Christmas!

Still waiting for the last one to arrive at its new home (mine!)  I will do it asap.  :)

No problem Barbara, was just wondering. It will be nice to see all the different ideas that everyone came up with. Want to thank you again for hosting this marvelous swap. It sure had me outside of my comfort zone as I haven't done a whole lot of thread painting. I love the way it gives dimension to printed and/or painted pictures. A round of applause to you my dear lady. (((Applause!)))

All the best!

Aaargh!!!

Gee, I could send a photo to everyone wanting to see that last one....

Oh, that would be so rotten! LOL I'll wait for you to get it and see it first. : D

As of today, it's been 14 days since I mailed it, including week-ends. I figure it's still in transit on those week-ends (with the exception maybe of Christmas). Planes are still flying and ships are still moving across the oceans on week-ends, right?.  I'm thinking it should get there this week. (It would have been faster to put it in my luggage and bring it in person! LOL)

I just hope it will be worth the wait. : )

Didn't post to this page yesterday when the thread painting arrived.  Don't know why, just too excited I guess.  So..... for those of you who haven't looked on the LOAQ site......

TA DA!!!!!  Here is Charlottes lovely Christmas swap thread painting that is now MINE, ALL MINE!!!!Isn't it wonderful?  Well worth the wait, and how could we have doubted the postal system?  :)

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize a free picture slideshow

Lovely Barbara - the music is great and matches the photos beautifully. It looks like you are an expert at these now.

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service