Quilt With Us

This will not be a swap with partners this time as the theme is a personal one to you and probably be a keepsake that you wish to treasure.

SUBJECT.

" A Personal Childhood Memory."

Not many rules.

You have from now until July 1st to get your piece finished.

The piece will have with it a short paragraph of what the piece means to you, no names as the one judging will only know by a letter I assign.  It must have THREAD PAINTING on, but it can also have mixed media and be no larger than 12 x 12

If you have any questions please ask away.

I will put people names up when they let me know if they are interested.

I know some already have but hopefully they won't change their minds when they read this.

Ally Bryant.

B.J.

Brenda

Gwen

Terri

Please let me know if I have missed someone as I don't have the screen up of TP and I am sure there was others. I will go back in and add.

Views: 1047

Replies to This Discussion

Ally - can the write up be more than a "short paragraph"?  I just finished mine, and there are several paragraphs, but not over a page long. AND ... who do we email our pic/memory to when done?  I finished mine yesterday -- okay the TP finished, the final ready to set out, hang, or???? is yet to be done. 

BJ. - Can you hold onto it for a moment. I want to let BB know we are not finishing until end of July. Also I want to figure out how to send them to her. I think everyone sends to me then I will send onto her without her knowing who did what. So makes it fairer for judging.

That's fine Ally, I won't send until you tell me. It might be good for it to be closer to when others are don AND I will take my name off what I wrote up about it.   Having you send them all to BB makes sense as that would be the only way she wouldn't know who did what ... and we need to keep our name off our "paragraph".  

Haa HAA! Sorry Ally!!! I replied to your message earlier without remembering I'm supposed to be judging these!!!  I'll blame extenuating circumstances, but I'm afraid it's just my head is not where it is supposed to be. By all means, I HAVE PLEANTY OF TIME TO LOOK AT OTHER PEOPLES WORK AND ENJOY IT!!! 

I am not going to be able to complete my challenge. Life here is still upside down - the sewing gear is still stashed away in the shed. We have had a slow down on getting the furniture back in place after the painting. Now my DH has irritated a nerve in his shoulder down to his hand - so no more shifting/moving furniture for us for a few weeks. Did we do much too quickly -more than likely - maybe we are not as young as we think we are?? LOL I am looking forward to seeing the finished TPs.

Oops just read about time being extended to the end of July - maybe then I will be able to finish it - fingers crossed - no guarantees.

So sorry that DH is irritated, Sandy.  Do take care ... both of you.

Yes Sandy it has been extended to End of July , several of us had things going on . So we'll aim for end of July. I know BJ has finished. And Gwen also had her sewing packed up and I was finishing a quilt for our trip to the UK. For a wedding gift.
So we decided seeing we are not swapping but holding our onto our own and Barb was OK with us extending the judging date.
I would like to get it settled before I leave in Aug. otherwise it will have to wait until I get back in Sept. So let's see what we can all do. No pressure though.

Thank you Ally. My DH is feeling much better and is now able to use his right arm. Just wish it was warmer - 0C at 11am!!! Isn't that 32F? Brrrr with a coat and a beanie and how many layers??

Sandy I guess you are into your winter, I don't think you would survive our Canadian winters. Last Feb the day we left for Florida it was - 28C that is cold.!!
It is hard to think you are in winter while we are just starting summer. We have had a late wet spring, and though we get a few hot days we have had a lot of rain that cools things down. Looks like our side of Canada is going to be cooler this summer and wetter while the West cast is really hot, beware of Forrest fires!
It has been quiet on here so hoping people are working on their challenge.

Fire danger is uppermost on our minds out here as we are tinder dry and have at least another week of over 100 temps ahead. Usually there may be 3-5 days of that temp a year, we've already had about 10 days of it and more coming and summer is just starting.  We're praying people are smart and will not set off any fireworks this weekend. They are illegal, but that doesn't seem to stop them. It feels more like our years of living in Arizona now.

Know how you feel Bj - the threat of bush fires is so scary. The 2003 fire here in canberra is stamped on my memory - the vision of the dark sky and weird sun and the atmosphere. I just hope for your sake people are sensible.

And here it is very crisp in winter but dry. Ally, -28 sounds just WOW. The fact that our house is still without drapes on most of the windows - 11 sets of them with most having 4 panes of 6ft by 3ft glass - is not helping. maybe we should not have had the interior of the house painted in winter? We are so rugged up sometimes we look like short bears ( well under 6ft) with coats and beanies. Quite a sight.

Wow - you have a lot of large windows. I bet the views are great. Just keep piling on the layers and the quilts!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service