Quilt With Us

Miss Read..author...Friends of Thrush, Christmas Village, Farther Afield, Over the Gate, Village .affairs,
No Holly for Miss Guinn..etc.

Simon Brett..author..Mrs.Pargetter, mysteries

Ann Perry..all
Elizabeth Peters..all

Views: 321

Replies to This Discussion

Of course,  the  favorite of all times is the Bible.  I read it daily for guidance and inspiration.

Amen!!

Me too!

You and I like so many of the same books.  I have read all the Midford books except the last one.  Anything Nicholas Sparks writes, many of Richard Paul Evans, his "Sunflower" is one of my favorites.  Love the Harmony Series by Philip Gulley.  I am reading a Donna Van Lyre right now. 

Me too!..I especially loved the Mitford Series, and all the ones you listed!..but then, I love all the rest of the books we are all reading...isn't it interesting how we are all drawn to the same books?

Several years ago, a lady brought me a book by Francine Rivers titled "Redeeming Love".  She told me it was one of the best books she had ever read.  I went home and think I read it in two days.  I cried and cried, never had I ever read a book about such unconditional love.  I felt totally engulfed in Jesus love because that is the way Michael loved Angel.  I have been hooked on Christain Fiction ever since, however, that one was based on the book of "Hosea" from the bible.  I think now I have read all of Francine's books and after reading my first book by "Karen Kingsbury" I believe I have read all of hers.  The Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers is one of her best, I couldn't put them down!!

Wonderful!..thank you Linda!

I've read many of the authors mentioned here, but I'll add a few that weren't included. If you like Janet Evanovitch, try Jennifer Crusie. They have the same editor and her books are a hoot. I also really like Charlaine Harris. I know most people associate her with vampires, since one of her series was the basis for the cable series True Blood (I read the books, but never saw the show); however, she's a great author and wrote two mystery series and a couple of stand alone mysteries that had nothing to do with the supernatural. One is her Aurora Teagarden mysteries (about a librarian in a small southern town) and the other is her Shakespeare mysteries (Shakespeare is another small southern town). I also enjoy some of the authors on the bestsellers list such as Linda Howard, Tami Hoag, Kathy Reichs, Kay Hooper, and Catherine Coulter.

Here's a link I think I shared before from the Dec/Jan 2014 issue of Quilter's Newsletter with a fairly comprehensive list of quilt fiction.

I love Miss Read, too.  I don't recognize some of these titles.  I'll put them on my list.

My library had a ton of Miss Read's books...so old fashion and sweet!..no violence, just charming!

Recent favorites: 

The Midwife of Hope River by Patricia Harman

The Care and Handling of Roses with Thorns by Margaret Dilloway

Calling me Home by Julie Kibler

Necessary Lies by Diane Chamberlain

Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline

All are wonderful; especially the last three which I couldn't put down!

RSS

Country Fair

New & Exclusive! Country Fair Collection just $6.96/yard Shop now »

Chambray Tonals

New & Exclusive! Chambray Tonals just $6.96/yard. Shop now »

© 2020   Created by CT Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service