I started this by buying the fabric (Susan Branch, "The Language of Flowers") in 1999. I had seen the pattern and fabric in an episode of “Simply Quilts” with Alex Anderson. I ordered the fabric and pattern from Springs Industries, which doesn’t seem to be around anymore. The only thing I did differently was to add the four appliqué blocks in the blank setting squares. I used a pattern I found in Patricia Cox’s book American Quilt Classics. That quilt was called Spring Bouquet and was a kit that came out about 1930. I photocopied the motif and blew it up to the size I needed, then made templates from the photocopy. I did the appliqué blocks around 2001-2004. I put off doing the piecing of the Lemoyne Star blocks until I could be sure I could get the points to match in the center. After trying many different methods, I elected to hand-piece. It has been in and out of my quilting hoop ever since finishing the piecing. It was 92" square before washing and 87" after. It is 100% cotton, including the batting.