Two months into my Mary Tudor cardigan I thought I had the sleeves done, when I discovered a major oopsie while taking this photo:
Do you see it? (Sleeve cap on the left sleeve, to your right in the photo.)
The chart symbols for two of the colors are two different sizes of circles, not very obvious with the sun in your eyes. I was happily knitting on the…Continue
Just a few days before the first day of summer, we got a huge snowstorm.
This is the snow coming off the roof. Where we live, it's common to get snow in June, but it doesn't usually accumulate.
The storm hit on Tuesday, catching us by surprise (rain was predicted) as we were inside the hospital getting DH's thumb fixed. The surgery went well, but we came…Continue
The Mary Tudor is coming along.
The first sleeve is finished. I think the sleeve might be too long, but I can't tell until I block it and sew it in. Even though I started at the cuff, it's easy to lengthen or shorten a sleeve. I'll take out one round about where I want to start the cuff by cutting the yarn in on place and pulling it out as I put the sts on…Continue
Soren's I-spy quilt arrived, and he is clearly enjoying it!
The top for the quilt for his baby brother (due in August) is almost done. Only the embroidered eye on the horse to do, and then off to the quilter.
The pattern is based…Continue
Last week found me quilting again.
All the cutting is done and I've finished 11 of the 24 pieced blocks for BS2's baby quilt. It will have one appliqué block depicting a little horse, to represent the baby' shorthand year, "Year of the Horse." The blocks are from the quilt "Twin Stars" from…Continue