In anticipation of our first grandbaby in early December, this is my latest baby-craze project. I've also made flannel burp cloths and have other plans in the works.
I pieced the little "football" (for lack of better term) units by machine, stuffed and stitched closed by hand. Stitched the units together by hand. Fun, relaxing, quick project. The only challenge was setting together the last set of 3. When the instructions (free on the internet) say to not overstuff the units or it will be too difficult to stitch together, they knew what they were talking about. I was careful to only stuff about 3/4 full (the recommended maximum), and that last unit was still a challenge, but not impossible.
I used a variety of textures - velvet, minkee, flannel, suede, satin, cotton, denim, fleece, - and colors. I would have liked to have used a chenille scrap also, but couldn't find one and didn't want to cut into an old chenille bedspread just for a tiny football-sized piece. This is a great little scrap project. I have another one cut out and ready to go to put away for another future grandbaby. (I thought I'd better make two as long as I was in the mood.)
We're headed out to visit the expectant mama and her handsome husband this weekend.