You may have missed my earlier travails with the Tetris quilt for my DD's boyfriend and his college graduation. Quick summary--I had a defective batting which I only figured out after I had finished hand quilting all 140 blocks of the quilt, with just the borders to go. After I took out all that quilting, I found that it wasn't salvageable, so I had to start over from scratch. So here is a just out of the hoop quick picture of the Do-Over quilt (which it will always be called in my mind,although the label just says "Tetris").
DD's boyfriend has seen the top and loved it--I'll give it to him when he comes down in early July. Monday, I get to take it to my guild meeting. This quilt has been a huge challenge b/c of all that went wrong along the way, but in the end, looking at the finished quilt, it was worth sticking it out to finish and to do it right.