On Sunday, we finally had some real snow here in Bend. I think it was a little over an inch.
Most of the week was spent resting, with the exception of a few simple chores, like laundry and cooking, which I tried to spread out so as not to get too tired. I drove myself to a couple of doctor's appointments and stopped at the store to pick up my medication.
While resting, I sometimes had the energy to knit, and was able to finish the Nurmilintu Shawl, which I started on my birthday. Blocking required that I get down on the floor, which wasn't easy. It wasn't the tidiest pinning job, but it was good enough.
It took about 24 hours to dry. Usually I use a fan to speed up the drying, but I'm not sure where our fans are and didn't want to disturb DH, who is still getting over his cold and has a lot of work to do. There was no hurry, and I'm happy with how it turned out.
The project was something I could do without expending a lot of effort, and it kept me from going stir-crazy during the worst of the pneumonia.
DBIL stopped by on Sunday while out for a walk. He's continuing to recover from his surgery. We had tea and got caught up on things since his last visit. He's looking good, but has lost about 10 lbs., which he couldn't really spare, so he's trying to put it back on.
I managed to get the photo shoot done for this week's story, which will appear on Friday. Billy and Mariah have some trouble at school, and Veronika tries to advise them.
During the writing of this story, I realized the Mariah looks very nice in purple, so I CO a dress for her using this yarn.
I'm using my Everyday Play Dress pattern, which I haven't made up for some time, and some sock yarn I bought during our first visit with DBIL about 18 months ago. It's a quick knit, and I finished it last night.
It's a very casual dress, designed for play.
It has a placket in the back, with buttons.
I really designed the dress for slightly plumper, shorter (18") dolls, so I modified the pattern. I stopped the shoulder increases two rows early, so there were fewer stitches around, and changed the increases that provide flare to the skirt. Then I worked an extra 8 rounds at the bottom of the skirt before the 5 rounds of garter stitch, to make it longer. I knit it in the round, but it can be knit flat and seamed. Instructions for both methods are included. I plan to make a cardigan to go with it.
No too many projects in the house got finished this week, other than putting all the Christmas things away. DH did manage to replace the little faucet that dispenses filtered water, a difficult job, because the area where he had to work was rather confined due to the placement of the sink. However, here it is in all its glory.
It's firmly affixed in place, unlike its predecessor, a chrome model that took two hands to operate because it kept swiveling around if you didn't hold it. This one matches the kitchen faucet.
We watched the professional football playoff games yesterday afternoon. Both were cliff-hangers, which made for very exciting watching.
Happy Martin Luther King Day!
What's on my needles: Finished the Nurmilintu Shawl, and then the Everyday Play Dress for Mariah. Of course, still the Kisu Takki Cardigan for Jolena is still in progress, and a new cardigan for Mariah to go with he dress.
What's on my Sparrow 15: Still waiting.
What's in my hoop: Still the Spring Flowers quilt, no progress again this week.
What's in The Doll's Storybook: Boredom. Billy deals with having nothing fun to do.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Fear by Bob Woodward, about halfway through.
What's in my wine glass: Muchas Manos Merlot Syrah Tempranillo.
What's my tip of the week: Photosensitive night lights are handy when placed in strategic places, such as hallway and bathroom. They don't have to be unplugged in the daytime, and some of the newer ones provide adequate light to keep from tripping over things if you have to get up at night.
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals or dolls were harmed during the production of this blog post.