Vintage Stitchers met at Barbara's on Thursday. Carol had an interesting quilt.
Carol's quilts are always interesting and lovely.
Barbara had finished a quilt for her great...um...well, he's three, and an I-Spy quilt is perfect for him. This one has his name on it, too.
If some of the fabrics look familiar, they came from my stash. One great thing bout having a quilting group like this is, when you have to make an I-Spy quilt, you have lots of stashes to draw from.
I worked on hand-quilting my Delectable Pathways, aka "Sistine Chapel," quilt.
I had finished Vroni's Kitty Cat 1 cardigan, and as promised, here it is.
I had made it before holding the Palette yarn double, using a yellow color, with the hat to match. It came out a bit stiff, so this time I made it with a single strand, and I like the result better.
I originally bought Vroni because I thought she looked like me when I was little. This week I made her a dress I thought would work out in B&W as a good stand-in for the dress I wore for my second-grade photo, back in 1949.
This is why I couldn't dress myself without help.
My dress in the photo was brown, but I figured this red gingham would be OK in B&W. If you squint, Vroni almost looks like a Mini-Me.
The outfit Vroni normally comes in is a Dirndl. Because she came to me second hand and was wearing a lovely smocked dress instead of the Dirndl, I thought she needed a Tyrolean coat, so I'm using the Kitty Cat 3 pattern, which is a hooded cape in two lengths, as a jumping-off place for the coat. The coat pattern will be Jacknits Town and Country Coat Sets.
She will have a Tyrolean hat, as well (also in the Jacknits pattern), so she doesn't need the hood unless it's really cold.
The cape still needs blocking, the the pattern recommends against blocking the hood, because it needs to curl around the face.
Charlotte will be joining us sometime in the "near" future, so I decided she needed a dress from the same fabric as the two sundresses I made for Mandy and Vroni. Here's Mandy modeling the dress.
Mandy is wearing the yellow cardigan, so I don't feel cold every time I look at her, but Charlotte will have one of her own, probably in the same green yarn I used for Zoey's cardigan.
I think I finally have the pajama pattern altered to my satisfaction. It was a struggle, because it was designed for American Girl dolls, who are plus-size, and the Gotz Happy Kidz and Classic Kidz are slim. I think the PJs make the girls look cuddly, even though their bodies are solid vinyl.
The fabric is white, not yellow, but I couldn't get the color right without making Vroni look as if she were about to vomit. So take my word for it.
The photo shoot was going well, until she spotted something on the ceiling. Probably a spider.
Park City Singers has begun practicing for the Holiday Concerts. That cuts into my free time.
What's on my needles: Still the iPhone Tote for my niece, Vroni's Tyrolean Coat.
What's on my Featherweight: Um…doll clothes?
What's on my loom: Still waiting.
What's on my wheel: Stanzi is still awaiting her next task.
What's on my iPad/iPhone: Finished Murder in the Stocks by Georgette Heyer, one of her mysteries, full of humor. Then I listened to The Worst Class Trip Ever by Dave Barry. Then I downloaded Kill Me Again, by Rachel Abbott. (When I want to get a lot done and avoid waisting time, I start a Rachel Abbott or Dean Koontz novel. Difficult to turn off.) Still a couple of chapters into Amy Corwin’s novel All She Loves on the Kindle app.
What's in my wine glass: Corbett Canyon Cabernet Sauvignon. Not fantastic, but cheap.
What's my tip of the week: If you're making clothes (doll clothes especially) that call for gathers between two dots, it's soooo much easier to run the basting stitches from one edge of the fabric to the other, rather than starting at the dot and sewing to the other dot. When you have the edges pinned, put a pin in where the dot is, pull out the bobbin thread basting stitches between the edge and the dot, and you're good to go. (I like to chain piece, so starting at a dot isn't convenient.)
Note: This blog post was produced on the iPad and the MacBook, using the iPhone for some photos and some photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for, cleaned or broken. No animals were harmed during the production of this blog post.