I've been spinning some Knit Picks Full Circle Spinning Roving in various colors. Currently, I have "Pigeon" on the wheel. Here are all the colors together:
All that's missing from the photo is the fiber currently on the wheel (although you can see some of the pale-gray "Pigeon" already spun in the basket), and the "Fawn," that was drying while I took this photo. Here's the finished "Fawn," all washed and dried:
There has also been progress on the Ocean Placemats:
I'm making four in a row using the same warp and using a stick shuttle as a spacer:
The third placemat is almost done. I'm so happy with these, I decided a few days ago to make another set using Dishie
in "Fiesta Red," "Clementine," "Conch" and "Creme Brulee" with just a touch of white in the same pattern as the Ocean Placemats. Then I learned about the Dishie sale! Well, I had planned to wait until I finished these to order more yarn for the other set, but you can't pass up a sale, so I ordered more Dishie for more placemats and some for a bath mat for the new master bath. What's a girl gonna do? It was on sale!
While I'm waiting for the yarn to arrive, I can be working on the blocks for my "Delectable Pathways" quilt. I made some progress this week, although I realized I had more blocks to make than I thought. Back to work:
I'm getting anxious to finish this quilt and get it up on the wall that it was planned for.
Speaking of quilts, the charity quilt is finished, all except the label.
Here's the story to this quilt: While we were living in Indonesia, I asked a group that teaches women how to sew and markets their quilts to the public make a quilt top with these colors. I was going to hand-quilt it. When it was delivered, I didn't like it enough to put the time into it. Partly it was because the fans are light and the bases of the fans are dark, and the background is dark. The bases stick out too much. Part of it is the texture of the fabrics and the fact that the dark fabrics are too thick to hand-quilt through easily. Partly it's because it looks too coordinated. That was about 14 years ago. About three years ago, I decided to offer it for a charity project and enlisted three friends to help. Our now-extinct quilt guild has some batting to use for charity quilts. Ellen bought the backing for it at a garage sale. Julie did the quilting on her long-arm and did the machine sewing on the binding. I finished the binding by hand. Now Karan is going to make a label for it. We have a charity in mind for it. I'll try to get a photo of the entire quilt when someone can hold it up for me.
Miss Daphne is getting a little big to provide a "gratuitous baby photo." I can't believe she will be three in a couple of weeks. You might get a kick out of this, though. Her mother got out her flag from her days in the Pageantry Corps. Looks like Daphne already has the technique!
What's on my needles: Daphne's Bunny Suit, front done through part of the bunny pattern, and Dogwood Blossoms.
What's on my loom: "Ocean Placemats," third placemat nearly done.
What's on my iPad:
Listening to Katherine's Marriage
by D. E. Stevenson from Audible, and various podcasts, including Seyne Mitchell's Weavecast and Benjamin Levisay's Fiber Hooligan podcast, new episode
What's on my wheel: Full Circle Roving in "Pigeon." Well into the first bobbin.
What's on my Featherweight: Delectable Pathways, some progress this week, and finished the binding of the charity quilt.
What's in my wine glass: Charles Shaw (Two-buck Chuck) Chardonnay, a white, to celebrate spring, which we have had already for a few hours.
Note: This blog post was produced entirely on the MacBook, using the iPad for photo processing. No other computer was used in any stage of composition or posting, and no Windows were opened, waited for or cleaned.