I had to start with this photo:
Diane's Drunkard's path
This photo was too beautiful not to lead with! It was from my Vintage Stitchers' meeting on Thursday at Diane's. This is her Drunkard's Path quilt, which she made using the applique method. I love the still life on the table! More about Vintage Stitchers later. (They have been busy ladies!)
In the meantime, my little spinning group met Friday afternoon. Here's what I've started spinning:
It's Gaywool Merino/Silk, 85% Merino, 15% silk, in "Wallaby."
Here's Linda spinning her alpaca on her Kromski spinning wheel. I think it's the Minstrel. She has a jumbo flyer for it, and she uses it primarily for plying.
Linda uses the Ashford Traditional (above) for spinning singles. Lynda has a Majacraft Rose.
Linda showed us the progress on a giant shawl she is making using fiber from all the alpacas she has ever owned.
Before we left, we had to go out to see the alpacas. Gabriella the orphan is doing great. Here are two other babies:
That was Amanda on the left, with one of the boys. Here she is with her mother and Mike--a family portrait!
One reason we went out to see the alpacas was to see their new gray boy. He's a show animal!
So here are the photos from Vintage Stitchers I promised. First, Barbara's house applique which she is doing at a local quilt shop as a block of the month.
Barbara is also expecting a new grandson, so she has pieced a baby quilt. Here's the top:
...and the backing:
She has also made a car seat cover:
Rebecca is working on a new applique project. This one is from "Simple Graces" by Kim Diehl. (I'm afraid to try to put in a link, because I don't want to lose what I've done so far. This is my first time to do my blog on the iPad, which was not possible before. There are no icons for photos, links, etc., so I have do type out the code. However, you can find the book on Connecting Threads, and it's featured in the latest catalog on page 26, where you can see the one Rebecca is working on.)
Julie, our machine quilter, has made a wedding quilt for her nephew and his new bride. They helped pick out the fabrics. She used paper piecing to make the stars. She has finished the quilting and is sewing on the binding.
Janet has been working on another charity quilt. This one will go to someone who has a terminal disease. This is the same collection of fabrics she has used for several other charity quilts. When she goes to make a charity quilt, there seems to be just as much left as the last time. Sort of a neverending stash of fabrics!
I have finished the knitting on my La Boheme Cardi, with nothing left to do but the steek and front bands.
This photo was taken while I was working on the neck ribbing. You can see the steek sts at the center front, where the pattern goes into alternating 1 st of each color. This is where I will cut.
While I was decreasing for the neck, I remembered this tip. If the number of st you need to decrease doesn't give you an even number of sts between dec's (in my case, between three and four sts) you can take as many st markers as you need decreases and distribute them as evenly as possible.
That's it for this week. Next week I'll be in the middle of the Sundance Film Festival. I'll try to check in, though, but my blog may not happen.